Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
I just returned home from paying my local Kubota dealer a visit today and the prices I was given was at and above MSRP. Dealers are now trying to sell at MSRP so I recommend that you guys rethink the manufactures financing. At this point it doesn't make sense anymore and I would advise all of you to seriously consider taking the National Cutting Horse Association discount from Kubota. If any of you have used that discount please comment on this thread and provide info to the other users here how it is exactly done as some have claimed they were able to obtain membership without even paying a fee.

Last edited:
   / Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #2  
The price gouging has been going on for a while. Lots of threads on it.

For those who go green, JD has (or had) some discount programs for various affiliations. You have to sign up on their site and apply for eligibility.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #3  
If any of you have used that discount please comment on this thread and provide info to the other users here how it is exactly done as some have claimed they were able to obtain membership without even paying a fee.

I haven't finalized the purchase of my tractor yet (dealer is currently installing 3rd function and remotes), but did price with the NCHA discount.

You can join and the first calendar year of membership is free. It's $100 after that (I had to renew given the delays in the tractor coming in). Not all dealers seem to honor the discount (one told me it was "no longer a thing" even though the Kubota website clearly shows it), but mine is.

Without the discount, I was quoted a discounted price for the tractor, free install of the 3rd function, etc. Once the discount was in play, everything is charged for and at MSRP. Still a better deal overall, but saved less than expected as my dealer was giving decent pricing when I was shopping...I think ultimately the delta will be about $3k.

Hoping to finally take delivery of the tractor this week -- will update if/when that happens.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #4  
Kubota dealers are definitely not like the JD dealers down here in the South as the last independant JD dealer that was in the state of Fl lost their dealership and had to start selling MF tractors, but you could get a better deal from them on a tractor than the corporate dealerships. I was getting prices on a new Kubota skid steer and started at my local dealer, they don't sell construction equipment they said, so I tried next closest dealer about 40 miles away and got a price, tried another dealer about 60 miles away and got a price, went to an auction about 2 hours away and stopped at a family owned Kubota dealership and their price beat one of the dealer's by 5k and the other by 9k apples to apples, so the family owned dealer is who I ordered from, just waiting on it to come in, IMO it still pays to shop around unless you just have money to burn.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
I haven't finalized the purchase of my tractor yet (dealer is currently installing 3rd function and remotes), but did price with the NCHA discount.

You can join and the first calendar year of membership is free. It's $100 after that (I had to renew given the delays in the tractor coming in). Not all dealers seem to honor the discount (one told me it was "no longer a thing" even though the Kubota website clearly shows it), but mine is.

Without the discount, I was quoted a discounted price for the tractor, free install of the 3rd function, etc. Once the discount was in play, everything is charged for and at MSRP. Still a better deal overall, but saved less than expected as my dealer was giving decent pricing when I was shopping...I think ultimately the delta will be about $3k.

Hoping to finally take delivery of the tractor this week -- will update if/when that happens.
Thanks for the feedback. I have heard some other people saying similar things about some dealers not honoring the discount but I don't see how they couldn't. If Kubota advertises it then they are required as a dealer to honor it. If they do not honor it then it is a breach of their franchise agreement with Kubota.

and stopped at a family owned Kubota dealership and their price beat one of the dealer's by 5k and the other by 9k apples to apples, so the family owned dealer is who I ordered from, just waiting on it to come in, IMO it still pays to shop around unless you just have money to burn.
The dealer I got a price from today is a family owned dealership that has been in the local area for 45 years. The owner is nice as heck and very warm and personable but his prices are cold as ice.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #9  
Many organizations only require an interest…

c
Credit Union hard to join unless connected via family or work but all members of the local historical society eligible…

Credit Union hard to join unless connected via family or work but all members of the local historical society eligible…
I'm glad you bring that up as my father is a member of the Credit Union and I had been hearing talk around here that some people were getting 2.25 percent loans for tractors at their Credit Unions. Well ours refused to do it. They weren't anywhere even close to that rate.