WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting

/ WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting
I recently bought an ER062. Here was the listed shipping weight from Fedex:

565 lbs / 256.28 kgs

Were you expecting your tiller to weigh 656 lbs as described by Ansungs website. How do you like your ER062 have you had a chance to use it.

/ WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting #22  
   / WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting #24  
Thanks for sharing the link, do you know why EA suggested the ER062 over the bigger YJR062 what was the deciding factor for your particular conditions, 42 tines vs 48?

Rocky and root-filled soil.

"there’s only around 50# of difference between the 2 tillers.
The ER just has 6 fewer tines than the YJR, so it would be easier on the tractor in difficult ground or new ground."

Its worked great in my soil and I expect it will continue to work great.

Rocky and root-filled soil.

"there’s only around 50# of difference between the 2 tillers.
The ER just has 6 fewer tines than the YJR, so it would be easier on the tractor in difficult ground or new ground."

Its worked great in my soil and I expect it will continue to work great.

Glad to hear the tiller is working good for you and your input has been very helpful, man this is a great forum.

/ WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting #26  
To the OP
Per the Ansung web page - Home you bought the following;

ER Series Features
ANSUNG LOADER MODEL : ER062 / ER074
• High strength and longer lasting durability by specially designed side gear drive
• Light weight more than the same description
• Field selectable Cat. 1 type lower hitch
• Standard Slip-Clutch shaft to protect tractor

I have the YJR 074 and it is built like a tank and I am sure its weight is what they say. Its a fantastic tiller and does what I want it too. I am also running it with a lot less HP than what they recommend - a plus in my book.

Add some weight (concrete blocks, barbell weights, etc) to bring it up to what you think you need and get on with your work. You have not mentioned if you have used it yet, or actually weighed it yet. Personally their web page says it clear. "light weight unit". Manufactures change their specifications frequently.

Sorry - no offense - I call it as I see it.

It will probably do what you need it to do, or ship it back to the folks you bought it from and get on with your life.

Wishing you the best for this Holiday Season

Keith

/ WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting #27  
Powerscol I think your description on what you posted for information on the tiller is fine. Light weight unit is a very general term. The OP complaint is that the manufacture listed specific information that was not correct.

I would be very careful of adding weights to such things as discs or tillers. The bearings in them are probably not designed to handle the extra stress. This is a lesson i have personally learned twice. Yes it would seem I am a slow learner. But its a lesson i have sure not forgotten since.

To the OP
Per the Ansung web page - Home you bought the following;

ER Series Features
ANSUNG LOADER MODEL : ER062 / ER074
• High strength and longer lasting durability by specially designed side gear drive
• Light weight more than the same description
• Field selectable Cat. 1 type lower hitch
• Standard Slip-Clutch shaft to protect tractor

I have the YJR 074 and it is built like a tank and I am sure its weight is what they say. Its a fantastic tiller and does what I want it too. I am also running it with a lot less HP than what they recommend - a plus in my book.

Add some weight (concrete blocks, barbell weights, etc) to bring it up to what you think you need and get on with your work. You have not mentioned if you have used it yet, or actually weighed it yet. Personally their web page says it clear. "light weight unit". Manufactures change their specifications frequently.

Sorry - no offense - I call it as I see it.

It will probably do what you need it to do, or ship it back to the folks you bought it from and get on with your life.

Wishing you the best for this Holiday Season

Keith

We as smart consumers can not let manufactures get away with miss representing their products, they have a duty to be accurate with weight and dimensions, please read the entire ongoing thread I'm being very fair and objectionable. No I have not used the tiller yet just got it home a few days ago, and I might return it, I'm not saying it is a bad or good tiller only time will tell. Telling people something is built like a tank is very misleading and is not an accurate description of a product, Ansungs website says it weighs 656 lbs and Ansung told me they have had three revisions, so does that mean they have reduced the weight of their tank and did not bother to tell us, I don't know how old your unit is that you bought but maybe you got one of their first models that was built like a tank and now their new models are not. Yes manufacturers have a right to change their design and they also have a duty to tell the consumer of the new dimensions and weight.

Please do not get upset about my post, and I have no idea why your taking this personally unless you own stock in the company or your the owner of Ansung or a dealer, if your happy with your tiller and it's working for you that's great, if you buy a front loader and the manufacturer tells you it will lift 1000 lbs and when you get it home and you find out it only lifts 800 lbs because they had a design change and did not tell you and your ok with that and are willing to live with it. Not me.

(So is it built like a tank or is it a "Light Weight Unit")

At this point Everything Attachments said they would weigh the unit on Monday so we would know what it weighs because at this point we have no idea, and I think that is great customer service if they follow through.

/ WARNING ! Ansung misrepresenting #29  
Their web page now say 516 pounds.

ER062 Gear Drive Rotary Tiller

Bruce

Their web page now say 516 pounds.

ER062 Gear Drive Rotary Tiller

Bruce

Yes they said they would update it, and they also said they would weigh the unit on Monday to make sure it's accurate, just to clarify this is not about EA it's About Ansung, all their dealers have the wrong details because Ansung's website has not been updated.