Warranty Information

/ Warranty Information #1  

john4153

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX40
New member here buying my first tractor.

When I have bought cars, I could always get the warranty to review before purchase. You know, the dealer can say anything, but Ford (or GM, etc.) will be bound only by what's in the warranty.

So, here is the problem. How can I get a copy of the Case-IH/Hew Holland (CNH) warranty before buying the tractor? I called CNH and was told flatly by Customer Service that it was not available. In fact, the agent hadn't seen it either. BTW, warranty information for Kubota and JD is available in their web sites.

Any help would be most appreciated, as one of the tractors I am seriously considering is older, but being sold as new with warranty. It is out of state, so I really can't visit the dealer either.

Thank you.

John

/ Warranty Information #2  
Boy, that is a red flag. If you won't even show me the warranty before I buy the tractor?.....Bye, bye.

WB

/ Warranty Information #3  
If you have a local Case IH dealer, they should be able to show you the warranty and let you read it. CNH's philosophy seems to be to get the prospect into the showroom rather than to post info on their website - maybe the Italian influence?

/ Warranty Information
I finally got a copy from the dealer this morning. It still bothers me that something as important as a warranty is not readily available for review.

As for my specific reason for wanting to review it, I was concerned about exclusions for "new old stock." For example, would the hydraulic hoses and seat be covered for cracking? A CNH Customer Service agent told me that she thought they would be, as did the area representative who called last night to arrange for me to get a copy of the warranty. Page 2 of the warranty, however, states under "what's not covered",
Repairs arising from storage deterioration, failure to maintain the equipment, ...

It is not clear to me whether that exclusion applies to anything attributable to storage deterioration, or just to storage deterioration that occurred after purchase. If I were to guess, I would say it is the former, but getting a definitive answer from CNH may be difficult. If it is the former, the exclusion is quite broad and could even apply to more serious conditions, such as water in the hydraulics or crankcase that accumulated by condensation during storage and consequential damages from it. Those defects might not be detected during a pre-purchase inspection. I guess the best advice is caveat emptor.

John