Warranty Work info

/ Warranty Work info
I think you may be in for a crash course in dealer loyalty. Sure hope you saved a lot at the more distant dealership.

4335.00 savings from anyone in my area... Is that enough?

/ Warranty Work info

Well I talked with the closest dealer today and asked if they had a problem doing warranty work on a Mach bought at a different dealership... They said no problem

/ Warranty Work info #13  
Well I talked with the closest dealer today and asked if they had a problem doing warranty work on a Mach bought at a different dealership... They said no problem

Thats where you buy your parts from.:thumbsup:

/ Warranty Work info
exactly what I did... picked up 5 gal of trans/hydro fluid... 5 qts oil... hydro and oil filter

/ Warranty Work info #15  

Generally when we see this big of a spread reported it is an apples to oranges comparison due to a combination of factors. One being sales tax, which you may not have paid 2 hours away if you crossed state lines. You may owe the tax, but that is another discussion entirely. The other is if the local quote is being jacked up for 0% for 84 months (no free lunch) and the other cheaper quote was applying maximum discounts for a cash or standard rate deal. The tax might be $1250, depending on your area. The 0% for 84 months costs the dealer well over $2k. The cash incentive varies by month, but can be as high as $1000. So take the high bid with tax at $20k, reduce $1250 for tax, take off $2200 (varies by month, internal info so I am being slightly vague) then reduce by $1000 for cash or standard rate and we are at $20,000 -$1250 -$2200 -$1000 = $15,550 cash for an out of state deal. And there is your $4500'ish difference. Other then tax, which you probably would owe in this scenario, the local dealer could match that price without costing him a dime if he applied all the discounts. I'm not sure if that was the deal in your case, but I've seen it happen.

Just an FYI for folks that if something seems way off on price, double check and see if everything is really comparable. If it is apples to apples and 20-25% higher locally, that is just too much to pay to "stay local". It is worth a little to stay local, but not thousands. This is a tricky thing for dealers. Do you push the 0% for long terms and hold the higher price to cover the buy down? Or do you price at the lowest price with all discounts and then add a surcharge if folks want 0%? Dealers use either approach, but a quick price call to a dealer using the 0% approach will often result in a price that seems shockingly high by comparison to the dealer that prices at "best cash".

/ Warranty Work info #16  
Why would you buy a tractor 2 hours away and ask another dealer to service it for nothing. Would you buy a shirt from Walmart and then take it back to Target when it didn't fit because it was closer to your house.

I would buy a shirt from a Walmart 2 hrs away and return it a Walmart near my house if it didn't fit without even thinking about it.

If my Ford needs warranty work and I call two dealers, one says they can't take it until next week and the second one is willing to fix it the next day why should I or they care were I bought it.

They have agreed to be a Ford Service Center.