Was bored last night so....

/ Was bored last night so.... #11  
Sabula,
Check all of your bucket pins. The one that the level indicator attaches to is longer than the rest. I suspect the pins are not in the correct places and that is why that pin is to short.

/ Was bored last night so.... #12  
bill6 said:
You guys sure enjoy teasing me; oh well I guess it's my own doing...

Whenever I wash my tractor with the garden hose, I then drive it at top speed for a ways, to get the water off the wheels, etc. Then I dry the rest with a chamois and compressed air. I don't like parking tractors or cars, with water sitting on them.......
Bill,

I'm not sure if this is like giving alcohol to an alcoholic, but . . .

Using a leaf blower is a really great way to dry the tractor after you wash it.

Knute

P.S. For me, it is mostly for removing rain or dew when I forget to put the tractor away.

/ Was bored last night so.... #13  
Bill when you come over to pick up your mower I will show you a yanmar F235-D that will blow your socks off.:D

Yes I wash, wax, and stare it like you do your 3215.

some of the guys here dont understand the shiny wax fobia you and I share.:eek:

I can say this, the resale value on a shiny tractor is quite a bit higher than one that sits outside.

Ern.

/ Was bored last night so....
Thanks Ernie; I look forward to meeting you and seeing your facility! Sounds like that Yanmar is a real beauty.

Although I probably go to excess on this clean & polish thing, nearly every tractor owner could do an abbreviated, quick version of it. Just washing the machine once a month, and giving a very quick (20 minute) treatment with car wax, would do wonders; compared to the "average" way most of our tractors look.

/ Was bored last night so.... #15  
bill6 said:
Hey Dougster, too bad several of us don't live closer, we could all get together and have a tractor cleaning party!
Oh Lordy Lordy... You would put me to shame. :( I would be embarrassed. :eek: As the undisputed *GOD* of tractor care... you must realize that I am but a mere disciple. :(

I am not worthy! I am not worthy! ;)

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #16  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
Sabula, Check all of your bucket pins. The one that the level indicator attaches to is longer than the rest. I suspect the pins are not in the correct places and that is why that pin is to short.
Interesting. I have the same issue as Sabula with my ML112. I'll have to check it as soon as I get home! :) Thanks Galen!

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #17  
knute_m said:
Bill, I'm not sure if this is like giving alcohol to an alcoholic, but . . . Using a leaf blower is a really great way to dry the tractor after you wash it.
That's an old Harley/motorcycle washing trick! I've got one just for that purpose so I don't go throwing any stray rock fragments or twigs at my pristine, jet black 100th Anniversary SuperGlide. :)

Hmmmmmm... I wonder if it's allowable to use it on the tractor too? :confused:

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #18  
I've been thinking, "maybe I'll wash the tractor." Naw... Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

Cheers

/ Was bored last night so.... #19  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
Sabula, Check all of your bucket pins. The one that the level indicator attaches to is longer than the rest. I suspect the pins are not in the correct places and that is why that pin is too short.
Galen - Once again you have proven that you are Da Man!!! :) My long pin... 1/8" longer to be exact... is in the wrong position. Not even close! :mad:

How 'bout moving out here to Eastern Taxachusetts so you can be *MY* local dealer? :D

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #20  
coffeeman said:
I've been thinking, "maybe I'll wash the tractor." Naw... Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

Cheers
Washed part of mine once. Needed to find an oil leak.
larry