Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go.

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #51  
stvbird

Congratulations on your tractor purchase

Yes Pictures would be great

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #52  
Based on the overwhelming nudges/shoves towards 4WD, I ended up going with a used John Deere 2155 4WD with FEL and the 8x4 TSS transmission. It's relatively low hours and in great shape. It's way more tractor than the Mahindra I was looking at. Although not new, I think I will get more out of it.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Congratulations!!! I also want to apologize for my post. I made an assumption that has proven to be wrong by your purchase. I think you did good and you will really appreciate having 4 wheel drive.

Eddie

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go.
It wouldn't let me insert pics directly into the post for some reason so I added them as attachments. They pics are at the seller's house, he is delivering it to me this weekend from NC. I need a bigger trailer. I guess that's the next purchase.

Attachments

• jd6.jpg
    jd6.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 145
  • jd3.jpg
    jd3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 146
  • jd8.jpg
    jd8.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 152
   / Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go.
So you upped your budget?

No sir, actually the used JD 2155 4WD w/FEL was $14.5K, the new Mahindra 4025 was $17.5K after tax out the door. Upping my budget would have been the requirement if I insisted on going with new, as was the original plan. Nothing against the Mahindra, but this JD has 4WD, a syncro TSS trans, and 55HP vice 41HP. This one is also new enough (and well kept enough) to be in good shape but is also old enough to not have all of the emissions and computer stuff to deal with. It's more of an old school diesel like my CAT 3208 in my motorhome. I love the lack of sensors and relays.

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #55  
No sir, actually the used JD 2155 4WD w/FEL was $14.5K, the new Mahindra 4025 was $17.5K after tax out the door. Upping my budget would have been the requirement if I insisted on going with new, as was the original plan. Nothing against the Mahindra, but this JD has 4WD, a syncro TSS trans, and 55HP vice 41HP. This one is also new enough (and well kept enough) to be in good shape but is also old enough to not have all of the emissions and computer stuff to deal with. It's more of an old school diesel like my CAT 3208 in my motorhome. I love the lack of sensors and relays.

I would say you did very well. If the internals of that tractor are as well cared for as the external condition is, then someone needs to call the police, because I am thinking you "stole" it!:D You have a powerful full size Utility tractor with 4WD that will kick "axe" and take names, and you really don't need to take the names.:) Enjoy your new tractor.

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #56  
Awesome tractor! Looks like a great buy!

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #57  
I've been withholding praise pending more details, pics or whatever. 'Ditto' all the positives, including price, 4WD, and legendary JD 2.9L power. (recommend earplugs when operating) Can you say 'sweetheart' deal? :thumbsup:

TSS is a considerable step up from CS, (I've had two of the latter) tho' IMO the foot throttle will mean much less shifting anyway. Parts won't be difficult to find if and when needed. :dance1:

Internet teaser tagline: Did Volunteer buy enough tractor?

Wow! :tractor:

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #58  

That's a good deal for sure! Congrats!!

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #59  
No matter how many wheel drive you have, there is always a mud hole waiting to swallow a tractor. A 4wd just lets us get further out into the mud hole before we bog down.

You made a good choice on the Deere.

/ Was going to buy a used 4wd, but think a new 4025 2wd may be the way to go. #60  
No matter how many wheel drive you have, there is always a mud hole waiting to swallow a tractor. A 4wd just lets us get further out into the mud hole before we bog down.

You made a good choice on the Deere.

True that. I buried my M9540 last Summer when I tried to brushcut a silted in waterway. Took a backhoe to drag the cutter away from the tractor and then assist the tractor in getting out. No pictures were taken. ;)