Was left speechless.

/ Was left speechless. #31  
I agree. Even today at the hospital I was having a conversation with the ex, then noticed she was busy with the thumbs texting on her Iphone. Pissed me off and I told her so. Of course that led to an argument and I had to apologize because she was just updating Facebook on our son's condition. Personally, I wish texting had never been invented. But I don't think there's any "going back" so I guess I need to adapt. Maybe some cataclysmic event will knock this country back to a time when people valued face to face interaction and families spent quality time together.
Like everything, texting has it's place. We use it to communicate when cell coverage is sketchy, and it's less time consuming than a phone call for quick questions. " Do you need anything at the grocery store?"

Other times it's rude. I took someone out a few years ago- first date, and for the first 10 minutes all she did was read and answer texts. "I told them I was busy tonight and not to bother me". Needless to say, it was the last time that I saw her.

I can understand a mother with dependent kids wanting to be available in case something happens, but I generally leave the phone in the truck.

/ Was left speechless. #32  
This.

It's also concerning that the poster seemed proud of his buddy's actions.

Actually, this was almost 30 years ago on our way home for the weekend from college. It was a lively and clever exchange between a girl working at a toll booth and my college friend. She took it in stride with a smirk on her face.

Truth be told, I will admit that I was in awe that at the end of the exchange that both myself and the girl were unsure if we just witnessed a genuine conversation or something else.

For those that jumped to the conclusion that a young woman was victimized, harassed or preyed upon, I'm glad your imaginations are in-tact. Was it an off-color conversation? Sure it was. Was it anything more? Absolutely not.

/ Was left speechless. #33  
I was in the gas station and the attendant is a good looking lady but on the sorta rough side. She puts on a really bad attitude complaining. I had gone in while she was in the back. When I was going toward the counter she raised up and belched like a mule. She saw me and was embarrassed. I said that was an awfully big belch for a little a little woman. She lit up. Now when I go she's in a good mood.

The other morning getting breakfast the girl at the deli asked how my day was going. I told her good that I was going to get to go to Florida for a few days. She piped up and said I wanna go with you. I said I don't think your husband would like that very much. It embarrassed the crap out of her.

/ Was left speechless. #34  
. Even today at the hospital I was having a conversation with the ex, then noticed she was busy with the thumbs texting on her Iphone. Pissed me off and I told her so. Of course that led to an argument and I had to apologize because she was just updating Facebook on our son's condition.

So many things about this I don't understand:
The person ignores you (turns their attention elsewhere) while in the middle of a conversation with you and you apologize? Because she was updating Facebook?( - Oh okay, that makes rude behavior acceptable?!) What do you mean by "you had to" apologize?

/ Was left speechless. #35  
So many things about this I don't understand:
The person ignores you (turns their attention elsewhere) while in the middle of a conversation with you and you apologize? Because she was updating Facebook?( - Oh okay, that makes rude behavior acceptable?!) What do you mean by "you had to" apologize?

You make the assumption that she was ignoring me. Apparently women today have the ability to communicate on multiple levels simultaneously. Perhaps they always have had that ability. Since my son's prognosis was much better than when I first got the frantic call about his bike accident, the Facebook thing turned out to be the quickest way to spare multiple family members an unnecessary trip to the hospital.

/ Was left speechless. #36  
You make the assumption that she was ignoring me. Apparently women today have the ability to communicate on multiple levels simultaneously. Perhaps they always have had that ability. Since my son's prognosis was much better than when I first got the frantic call about his bike accident, the Facebook thing turned out to be the quickest way to spare multiple family members an unnecessary trip to the hospital.

Nope..... She was ignoring you. That's why she got pissed when you called her out on it. Then you apologized for her rude behavior. Women have that knack. :)