Was left speechless.

/ Was left speechless. #21  
The younger generation have no social skills or sense of humor...

And the guy's actions described in Post #4 epitomizes social skills and a sense of humor? She didn't appreciate his attempt at 'humor' and she has no social skills nor a sense of humor? :rolleyes:

...they are all smart phone zombies that know nothing except texting.
And the older generation is afraid of technology and are nothing but self centered pervs who are quick to judge others. Two can play the game of dropping large groups of people into stereotypes.

/ Was left speechless. #22  
That's a good way to be charged with sexual harassment. The younger generation have no social skills or sense of humor, they are all smart phone zombies that know nothing except texting.

Expression and tone of voice have a lot to do with it, in the OP's case.

I was glad to see so many people jump on the second example. I was in a truck years ago travelling through a construction site; as we went past a nice looking flagger the guy in the passenger seat hollered out the window and said "How's your b*g." He and his brother thought it was the biggest joke...

/ Was left speechless. #23  
And the guy's actions described in Post #4 epitomizes social skills and a sense of humor? She didn't appreciate his attempt at 'humor' and she has no social skills nor a sense of humor? :rolleyes:

And the older generation is afraid of technology and are nothing but self centered pervs who are quick to judge others. Two can play the game of dropping large groups of people into stereotypes.

I agree, and I'm 55.

/ Was left speechless. #24  
If I want to strike up a conversation- I keep it general. I don't use any "you" or "I" comments. - It's hot today, sure is a hot one, etc.. If they want to talk they will - but I figure no one is paying them to put up with crap from me - especially on a hot day.

/ Was left speechless. #25  
It was about a 105 degree heat index here yesterday. As I walked out of the local Sam's Club I noticed the young lady at the door looked like she was about to burn up. Even though she was inside the hot air was making it's way in to were she was standing. There was sweat on her forehead.

"You look hot", I said.

"Thank you", she replied smiling, then turned away and started checking the next customer.

Took me a minute just standing there.

That reminds me of the movie "Young Frankenstein" :D

/ Was left speechless. #26  
That's a good way to be charged with sexual harassment. The younger generation have no social skills or sense of humor, they are all smart phone zombies that know nothing except texting.

Its sad to say, but thats about the flat truth. I love to watch them or anyone for that matter when the power goes out or service is down.....they go crazy. Sad, its not just the youngsters alone. Just look around.....Nobody takes the time to smell the roses at all anymore.
As for laughing at ourselves, every thing has become so PC that even a slight funny joke made at our expense will offend some one. I see it all the time.....

/ Was left speechless. #27  
What part of post #4 was at the poster's buddy's expense or represented 'smelling the roses'?

/ Was left speechless. #28  
What part of post #4 was at the poster's buddy's expense or represented 'smelling the roses'?

None, it was all at the expense of the young lady who had to put up with those two not so clever chumps

/ Was left speechless. #29  
Its sad to say, but thats about the flat truth. I love to watch them or anyone for that matter when the power goes out or service is down.....they go crazy. Sad, its not just the youngsters alone. Just look around.....Nobody takes the time to smell the roses at all anymore.
As for laughing at ourselves, every thing has become so PC that even a slight funny joke made at our expense will offend some one. I see it all the time.....

I agree. Even today at the hospital I was having a conversation with the ex, then noticed she was busy with the thumbs texting on her Iphone. Pissed me off and I told her so. Of course that led to an argument and I had to apologize because she was just updating Facebook on our son's condition. Personally, I wish texting had never been invented. But I don't think there's any "going back" so I guess I need to adapt. Maybe some cataclysmic event will knock this country back to a time when people valued face to face interaction and families spent quality time together.

/ Was left speechless. #30  
I agree. Even today at the hospital I was having a conversation with the ex, then noticed she was busy with the thumbs texting on her Iphone. Pissed me off and I told her so. Of course that led to an argument and I had to apologize because she was just updating Facebook on our son's condition. Personally, I wish texting had never been invented. But I don't think there's any "going back" so I guess I need to adapt. Maybe some cataclysmic event will knock this country back to a time when people valued face to face interaction and families spent quality time together.

Well said, I agree