Washer fluid bottle cap

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #1  

Dave Canfield

Silver Member
Has anyone else come up with a better solution for a cap? I went to add washer fluid when I was working on the intermittent wiper project. The factory cap disintegrated when I removed it. I suspect the plastic is not uv resistant.
20240308_114246.jpg

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #2  
Funny you bring this up, I was filling mine up the other day and was thinking it wouldn't be long before the cap just cracks off as it was feeling pretty brittle.

I know they make billet aluminum caps for vehicles, not sure of the sizes though.

I'll have an extra cap if you want it as I just got my rear wiper kit in for my Kioti and it comes with a new tank for the dual washer motors.

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #3  
Just a heads up on the plastic caps that Kioti uses on tanks.

I had my CS2220 come back from the dealer after warranty work on the engine with a coolant leak that appeared to be coming from the radiator.

It turned out that the leak was in fact coming from the coolant overflow tank lid. When the tech took it off for engine servicing and replaced it - the cap was so brittle it cracked. Sloshing overflow coolant when the tractors was moving, was leaking out of the cracked cap and running down the rad face.

UV is no excuse for plastic degradation of the coolant overflow cap as it is under the hood. It is just poor quality plastic caps.

Likely they are using the lowest cost bid for plastic caps.

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #4  
Do you have a plastic printer? This may be a good application

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #6  
You can buy various sizes of replacement washer tanks on Flea Bay or Amazon. Never had issue one with mine on the M9 cab in all the years I've owned it. it's sort of a translucent plastic affair with a snap on plastic cap tethered to the tank itself. Looks just like the ones in a car actually and mine came with 2 washer pumps attached, one for the front wiper and one for the rear wiper though I believe you can dismount the washer pumps and put them on a replacement tank. Candidly, I'd not want a screw on cap at all. I like the tethered on snap on cap just fine. Just like the automotive style caps. It's even blue in color. Been on there since 2002 when I bought the unit new. Mine isn't enclosed in a metal surround either, just attaches to the backside of the rear panel.

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #7  
For 17 bucks you can buy a new complete tank on Amazon. The cap ain't bad but the shipping sucks big time. If it was mine, I'd still replace it with a new tank with a snap on cap myself.

/ Washer fluid bottle cap
Yeah I may end up replacing the entire tank if the sun has eaten that plastic also. If the tank is still good I will first try to get a cap off Amazon.
After all that, I plan to make a cover to keep the sun off.

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #9  
I plan to make a cover to keep the sun off.
I'm thinking the same and will work on it tomorrow. I'm thinking for the short term that I'll just cut a piece of tarp or thin rubber and use a couple magnets to hold it on to the metal exterior housing until I figure out a permanent solution.

Now that I have a spare cap to use as a size guide, I may run over to Summit racing, Autozone, etc and see if I can find a better cap. Worst case, I'll put the micrometer on it and get the ID/OD and account for the metal housing that rests nearby and see if I can order something off the interwebs that will work....

/ Washer fluid bottle cap #10  
I'm thinking the same and will work on it tomorrow. I'm thinking for the short term that I'll just cut a piece of tarp or thin rubber and use a couple magnets to hold it on to the metal exterior housing until I figure out a permanent solution.

Now that I have a spare cap to use as a size guide, I may run over to Summit racing, Autozone, etc and see if I can find a better cap. Worst case, I'll put the micrometer on it and get the ID/OD and account for the metal housing that rests nearby and see if I can order something off the interwebs that will work....
Yes, might get lucky at an auto store.

https://www.autozone.com/collision-...sher-reservoir-cap-47320/805179_0_0?rrec=true

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NHD82017991?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google