Waste oil furnace again

/ Waste oil furnace again #11  
Nick, a cousin of mine put up steel roofing as a ceiling and then blew in insulation. Made a real nice quick ceilig that held in heat great. If you decide to blow insulation make sure ahead of time you block off the soffits with baffles and isulation stuffed around them befor you put the ceiling up.

/ Waste oil furnace again
DJ
Thanks for the idea. That was my plan too. I have a vented ridge in my shed and plan on putting up the foam channelled vents against the steel and blocking off the soffit area so I don't fill it with blown in insulation. I also plan on hanging a ceiling fan to move the heat around. I thought that should help a lot. I have concrete in half of the building in the shop area and plan on hanging a heavy plastic curtain to only heat half. This heater should easily keep up with that.

/ Waste oil furnace again #13  
Boy does this waste oil make the heat, read up on all the info: made one out of my old coal furnace, works very well,I couldn't wrap the copper tubing around my flu pipe, so I coiled it inside the fire box. Works ok that way no problems so far. Using a barrel for the oil holds about 20gl.Was burning wood in it, this will really help the pains in my back from cutting wood. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif And also help with the offset of fuel prices with my fuel oil furnace for back up. Furnace has fan built in fan cycles on and off. Awsome Just Awsome!!!!!!

Cam in Pa.

/ Waste oil furnace again #14  
Nice to see others have tried it. Did you make your burner as per the plans or did you modify anything? Today the temps never got above zero, fired up the oil burner and my shop was warm in about 2 hours, went through about 3 gallons of oil. My unit is still in good shape, the funnel is starting to show signs of burning up. Should make it through the spring. keep the postings.