Watching Netflix while tending the farm

/ Watching Netflix while tending the farm #11  
We have a cell tower close enough we don’t use home internet anymore because the cell phone has unlimited data and all the phone lines in our are need replaced. I’m sure large scale farms could do this with gps and everything in tractors but I don’t think it’s as common to stream tv as they make it out to be. I know a few that people that farm that have 1/2 a mile to a mile rows and might fall asleep till the buzzer goes off though. I just listen to xm radio when I’m on the tractor.

/ Watching Netflix while tending the farm #13  
Interesting. Watching the video about their main central terminal, I wonder what the advantage is of using remote control. Jump on and drive the thing. Unless, it facilitates coupling with one person.

/ Watching Netflix while tending the farm #14  
Interesting. Watching the video about their main central terminal, I wonder what the advantage is of using remote control. Jump on and drive the thing. Unless, it facilitates coupling with one person.

This is how I saw it being used many years ago. At small sidings in industrial areas, it requires just one person to swap out/pick up/drop off cars VS two people, one to drive the loco and the other to operate the couplers and switches, etc...

/ Watching Netflix while tending the farm #15  
My wife has friends that farm about 10,000 acres and raise about 8000 hogs. Being in northern Indiana, you're never more than 1/2 mile from a road, as there's a road almost every mile north south and east west. I'll have to ask them about internet service and streaming video out in the fields next time I see them. They have some pretty sophisticated navigation systems in their machines, I know that.

/ Watching Netflix while tending the farm #16  
This is how I saw it being used many years ago. At small sidings in industrial areas, it requires just one person to swap out/pick up/drop off cars VS two people, one to drive the loco and the other to operate the couplers and switches, etc...
I work at a paper mill, and this is indeed how they use it. We have chemicals and woodchips come in via rail and paper going out, and it's usually one guy with a remote.