Oil & Fuel Water in Transmission Oil

/ Water in Transmission Oil #11  
Take a good shop vac and open a plug in the TOP of the trans... Have someone hold it TIGHT over the plug while you go to the bottom and let a little water/oil out the bottom...

A real GOOD vac will hold it all in if you get a decent seal on top...

SR

I have never tried to use a vacuum, I would be a bit concerned that it might pull air up thru when I would want the water to dripout.

/ Water in Transmission Oil #12  
Hey Byron, I have a place in Western NC and I have seen how quickly condensation can occur up there. I was out working on the tractor a few months back and in the span of maybe 15 minutes I watched the entire tractor get soaking wet from condensation. The weather changed pretty quickly and the exterior of my tractor went from bone dry to soaking wet. That could be what is happening to you. I would definitely get new boots on all the spots they should be.

/ Water in Transmission Oil #13  
Start with the gearstick boots AND the boot on the draft sensor( tractor end of toplink).
High humidity can generate a surprising amount of moisture. After a thaw the outside of the tractor will "sweat", what most people don't realize is that it will "sweat" inside as well. Compounding your problem is you are mostly running the tractor cold. A full days work at 1800 - 2100 rpm and a good load will generate enough heat to drive the moisture out.