water purification

/ water purification #11  
We fitted a UV sterilizer to ours. All water, (tank or bore) goes through it. Instantly kills anything that may be harmful. The UV light switches on as soon as a tap is opened. Not cheap, but if you are serious about safe water it is the way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 61
   / water purification #12  
UV sterilization is really nice but only addresses pathogens (bacteria and viruses)- chemicals can only be addressed using mechanical filtration means.

So it really depends on the types of contaminants as to what filtration and/Or sterilization mechanisms will need to be applied to ensure potable water.

/ water purification #13  
We have filters in line first but we have no chemicals etc in our bore water. I do PPM TDS checks every now and then as well.

/ water purification #15  
You can make up pretty handy man powered pump from PVC pipe dat bring up water dat far. Too deep to use compressed air elevator venturi . Maybe build small windmill.

Best be to give well good washing by circulating wid a gas pump, draw down best you can and shock wid chlorine. Let settle a while and see what you pull up.

Dug well or drilled well?

/ water purification
You can make up pretty handy man powered pump from PVC pipe dat bring up water dat far. Too deep to use compressed air elevator venturi . Maybe build small windmill.

Best be to give well good washing by circulating wid a gas pump, draw down best you can and shock wid chlorine. Let settle a while and see what you pull up.

Dug well or drilled well?

Drilled well

I am in the process of building this water bailer CHEAP and EASY, Emergency Well Pump Requires No Electricity - YouTube Thanks

/ water purification #17  
When I was growing up folks with wells poured Clorox in the wells periodically. Now with pellets I suppose it is easier to maintain a more 'just enough' amount.

/ water purification
When I was growing up we didnt worry about such things, were werent all ( possibly rightfully so ) paranoid about everything. If it tasted good we drank it. Now understandably with the pollution the way it is we all need to be more careful.

/ water purification #19  
There are kits out there too, to turn a 5 gallon bucket into a purifier, they have ceramic filters. I cannot remember who we bought it from it has been a few years.

/ water purification #20  
To purify, you really need to know what it is that you are guarding against. Bacteria, viruses, amoebas, heavy metal, nitrates, worms, or nothing...

If this is to be an emergency well, you might want to think about a 12V solar solution. Worst case, you could power it off a vehicle. During non-emergency times, you could use the solar power as an irrigation source. Just $0.02....

Always good to have options in my opinion.

All the best,

Peter