Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!!

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!! #11  
I just saw one on the chesapeake bay on June 15 , and about a week later there was another and it made land and tore up some houses real bad

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!! #12  
That's still on my bucket list... to see a tornado or water spout. Pretty cool...

2 months ago where my one boy played some basketball games

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 6.23.37 AM.png

I joked with him that if he went over now, he might be able to dunk it. That said, knew some of the teachers and kids who were stuck in the school. Wasn't fun for them.

Ironcially enough, just recently, the only beach I really enjoy going to in the summer apparently got hit with a water spout

Just recently, had a co-worker come back from Oklahoma for Work. He joked that he goes to Oklahoma, no tornados, but comes home and they get one.

National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado in Eden

Point being, as someone else mentioned, be careful of what you wish for. Even in North Carolina, you may get your chance.

For myself, no wish to see one;)

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!!
To clarify, there are 2 types of waterspouts:

Two types

"Tornadic waterspouts" are actual tornadoes. They form during violent weather over water or form over land and move onto water. They are dangerous but are not common in south Louisiana. Their winds may be over 200 MPH.

"Fair weather waterspouts" are common during calmer weather over warm tropical and subtropical coastal water. They are spotted in the Florida Keys more than anywhere. They also have been seen in the Great Lakes. Their winds only average about 50 MPH.

Up or down?

Tornadic waterspouts force mist and air down to the Earth's surface. Fair weather waterspouts do the opposite, sucking mist and air up into the clouds.

The waterspouts in my photos are tornadic waterspouts, very dangerous, and not often seen in Louisiana.

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!! #14  
I grew up on the W. coast of FL on the Gulf...during the summer in the afternoons it was not uncommon to see several (even 4or 5) water spouts at one time during the thunderstorms...

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!! #15  
That's pretty cool! Thanks for the pictures.

Never seen a tornado, or waterspout. I've seen large number of dust devils, some quit big and one time a large fire 'tornado'.

/ Water Spouts - Tornadoes over water - WOW!!! #16  
I grew up on the W. coast of FL on the Gulf...during the summer in the afternoons it was not uncommon to see several (even 4or 5) water spouts at one time during the thunderstorms...

The water spouts we saw were from a big thunder storm that had popped up. It was hot, humid, and no wind when suddenly there was a very strong wind and it got very cold from the down draft of the thunder storm which allowed us to get some sailing done. A little while later we saw the water spouts.

Later,
Dan