Watery chainsaw fuel

/ Watery chainsaw fuel
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I think Moss Road might be on to something.

/ Watery chainsaw fuel #12  
How much water are we talking vs how much fuel? You should be able to decant the fuel off the top down to a cupful or so. The water will stay in the can. Of course don't shake the can first as we all apparently do....

/ Watery chainsaw fuel #14  
I keep lidded 5 gallon buckets that hold primarily waste oil. Any waste gas also gets dumped in. Then I burn it on brush piles.

I also keep a lidded 5 gallon bucket of waste oil and old chainsaw gas around for lighting brush piles. If there is too much gas in the mix, I stand back about 20 feet and use 4th of July bottle rockets to ignite the pile.

/ Watery chainsaw fuel #15  
??
Matches and gasoline doesn't sound like a good idea, but what's the process? Does this work? Does the sand act like a slow wick for the fumes? Ratio of sand to gas?
Don't the fumes just explode when you approach with a match?

Well, a bucket of sand and don't fill over the level of sand. Let it sit for a bit, stand upwind and throw a match. You can make a sorta fuse by dribbling gas in a line away from the bucket and then throwing a match. If you've spilled gas on yourself or clothes don't strike a match.

Even better, bury the bucket in dirt. Then you can easily heat an item over it.