WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #241  
I'll go against popular opinion and say get the smaller hoe, normally I would say the opposite but in this case I think it's right. You say basically you have no specific planned uses for the hoe, maybe some bushes or small jobs which the bh77 will do just fine. I would also not want my hoe sitying outside in the weather, which is exactly why mine is taking up room indoors.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #242  
I'll go against popular opinion and say get the smaller hoe, normally I would say the opposite but in this case I think it's right. You say basically you have no specific planned uses for the hoe, maybe some bushes or small jobs which the bh77 will do just fine. I would also not want my hoe sitying outside in the weather, which is exactly why mine is taking up room indoors.

Count me in this category.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #243  

Count me in this category.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #244  
Since the L3240 is the smallest tractor that you can put the BH92 on ... it seems that the BH77 may be the better option for your particular situation & needs. My dealer balked at putting the BH92 on my L3240, saying that it was too much hoe for the tractor. Only after some discussion was he open to the idea. I trust his judgment; his advice has been rock solid in the past - to the point of not upselling me when it was an option. But I also really wanted the BH92 for some 6 - 8 foot deep drainage excavating that needs to be done around our house. It wasn't just the working depth, but where I'd put the spoils and how often I'd have to move that made me want the larger hoe. If you've already got those kind of jobs behind you, then the BH77 seems like it would be the better choice.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #245  
smaller hoe but keep the bigger tires
my :2cents:

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #246  
What did you end up doing about the tractor/ backhoe?

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #247  
I'm not a gamblin' man, but if I were (and I hadn't already lost it all), my money would be on "nuttin honey". Bet ol' wax still has the same tractor and hoe. After all, it's gem of a tractorthat many of us, including me, would surely like to have, worth a lot, and it should fetch a goodly sum, but if waxman's time is worth anything, selling or trading in will have him losing big time and then he'll have to start all over again making the next one truly his. It's a sickness.

bumper

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab
I'm not a gamblin' man, but if I were (and I hadn't already lost it all), my money would be on "nuttin honey". Bet ol' wax still has the same tractor and hoe. After all, it's gem of a tractorthat many of us, including me, would surely like to have, worth a lot, and it should fetch a goodly sum, but if waxman's time is worth anything, selling or trading in will have him losing big time and then he'll have to start all over again making the next one truly his. It's a sickness.

bumper
bumperm, you would have won that bet. I did keep everything the way it was, tires, backhoe etc.
I couldn't shake that feeling after being use to the larger backhoe I would regret getting the smaller hoe. Then it would be too late to go back. Keep the bigger backhoe as some of you said all along. You guys were right, I was wrong.
Thank you guys for your opinions.
So BULLITT to answer your question yes I kept the backhoe.

I just now finished digging two 7ft perk test holes for my neighbor, good thing I had the bigger backhoe, took out a rock the size of my front bucket. He offered me 200 for digging the holes and that saved him 150 so he was happy about that.
Poor guy, I know there going to tell him he needs an engineered system 18 inches above ground. Seems everybody in the neighborhood including me had to put an engineered system in.
Everything worked for 100 years. Now educated town engineers are in control and its always the top dollar system needed. Which by the way will only last 25 years anyway. The neighbors system was installed 59 years ago so was mine, but yet thats not good enough in todays standards.

Last edited:
   / WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #249  
bumperm, you would have won that bet. I did keep everything the way it was, tires, backhoe etc.
I couldn't shake that feeling after being use to the larger backhoe I would regret getting the smaller hoe. Then it would be too late to go back. Keep the bigger backhoe as some of you said all along. You guys were right, I was wrong.

I just now finished digging two 7ft perk test holes for my neighbor, good thing I had the bigger backhoe, took out a rock the size of my front bucket. He offered me 200 for digging the holes and that saved him 150 so he was happy about that.
Poor guy, I know there going to tell him he needs an engineered system 18 inches above ground. Seems everybody in the neighborhood including me had to put an engineered system in.
Everything worked for 100 years. Now educated town engineers are in control and its always the top dollar system needed. Which by the way will only last 25 years anyway. The neighbors system was installed 59 years ago so was mine, but yet thats not good enough in todays standards.
I think you made the right choice... and ain't that the truth on regulation especially when it comes to the environment.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #250  

You did the right thing. If you would have got the smaller BH you would have regretted it.