Snow WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use.

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #11  
I guess it is time for me to show my snow-less experience..
Down here we get little to no snow...
I ski in the area, so mostly man made..

Now man made is more ice than real snow, so I can see it is abrasive..
And I can see where real snow would have a little abrasiveness to it...

But to scratch steel?

Should I have bought a snow drill bit for the tile drilling I need to do?

Ok-- I went overboard with that....

But really.. is it that abrasive?

Later,
J

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #12  
Ahem - corvette - ahem - fiberglass and gel coat - ahem

'nuff said.

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #13  
Waxman...think how bad the scratch would be if you did not wax it!!! Whatever caused the scratch would have dug in if not for the protective coating of the wax!!!

Good to hear someone else enjoys life and family for the simple pleasures!!!

Deano

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #14  
ScratchMan, I was with you in spirit. We got about a foot Friday, and over a foot Sunday. I was out for hours last weekend doing the same, but with my blower. I had the tunes cranking all the while....... you couldn't have wiped the grin off of my face with a tire iron ! All i was missing was the backup camera, as my windows fogged a bit when the snow would blow back on them.

YouTube - Kubota B3030 Night Snowblowing With O&A

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #15  
That is a lot of scratches if your just pushing snow. THe blade on my John Deere (waxed once a year) has no scratches after two years of pushing snow and ice.

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #16  
The paint on the scaper blade on new BX2750 blower, flaked off in large pieces after the 1st use. We have an asphalt drive, no stones or sticks. Just a bad paint job I guess. Also flaking off the inside of the blower housing. Kinda sucks after paying $2800 and waiting from May until December to get it.

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #17  
Hey Waxman, at least you got to scratch it, and not somebody else! :) LOL

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #18  
perhaps you can get it powder coated and heat treated so it has a harder coat of paint and might last longer ? maybe someone can chime in with some sort of do it yourself paint that would actually last under the conditions ?

/ WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use. #19  
To stir the pot:

I notice on the picture of the OP that the removable edge is bare steel. I have the same blade-Mine Came PAINTED.

Yep its all scratched up now, had it for four winters and numerous summer projects. The scratches didn't bother me that much since it's the work end of a tool. But the exhaust will make a mess of the backside and it doesn't clean off.

Last edited:
   / WaxMan's new Snow Blade Scratched!!! after first use.
perhaps you can get it powder coated and heat treated so it has a harder coat of paint and might last longer ? maybe someone can chime in with some sort of do it yourself paint that would actually last under the conditions ?

The black part of the blade in the picture has been powder coated, the orange paint that was on it was flaking and rusted when I got the blade.
So much for powder coat holding up.
There was dirt at the mouth of my neighbors driveway and a couple of times I turned up some turf, so it was the dirt in the snow that caused the damage.
I'm surprised the powder coat did not hold up better.

ccsial in using your John Deere plowing snow , are you just using on asphalt only with no chance of any stones or dirt ? I really thought my plow would of held up like your JD plow. That is what I expected . The orange is factory Kubota the black is powder coat. I must of had allot of dirt in the snow otherwise I can't see just snow doing that.