Ways to wealth

/ Ways to wealth #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
If I hadn't gone to law school I'd not have stumbled on the fabulous income generation vocation that I ply today which doesn't require a law license, but it helps.

Knowing what I know now, I'd have maybe skipped school entirely or gone to business school and started a shipping Container business.

Shipping containers are everywhere and the companies who use them have no alternatives. The return on investment is in excess of 10% after costs, and it is pretty steady. The wealth potential is Hong Kong Zillionaire level. Most of the HK billionaires do HK real estate, but plenty started in shipping containers.
There is a bit to it besides just buying or leasing containers. Ya gotta sell the biz, ya gotta know the rules of the nations and the ways the ports operate and ya need certifications and insurance. But after that, it's almost stupid simple.

The things that make insane amounts of income are often so overlooked.
Scaffolds. There are Billions in scaffolds; ask Mohed Altrad who started a scaffolding rental company and is now worth 3.6-Billion.
Garbage used to be a path to wealth.
Real Estate still is. But it's also a great place to lose your shirt because the upfront money is so great. One wrong call can sink the young entrepreneur.
Debt. There's an endless river of money to be made from charged off debt. That's what I do. I've stayed small never hiring other lawyers, but the largest law firm in my state, Pressler & Pressler does nothing but debt collections. Or as I prefer to call it Enforcement of the Right to Contract. They bring in billions. Most large firms have a whole wing that does nothing else. They do it because the money is so good and so steady. The business model is simpler than Shipping Containers. Buy a portfolio worth several million for pennies on the dollar and start collecting. Stay within the law in your state and the FDCPA and mostly you are golden. Step outside and it'll cost ya.

/ Ways to wealth #3  
How bout pawn shop? $240k return on every $100k loaned should pay the bills and leave some in the bank.
When I think of starting a business I remember a friend that went to 4 years college then returned to help his dad farming. About a year in he asked his dad to sign over 250 acres of his least productive property and loan him some money,which dad did. Dad thought the boy was loosing his mind when he began diging ponds. When the boy said he was going to raise crawfish it erased all doubt as to whether he had lost his mind. I believe it took him 5 years to pay the loan back,pay dad for the land (even though land was originally a gift) and other debts.
I'm no authority on the subject but I've noticed those that like what they do are generally successful.

/ Ways to wealth
starting with a large fortune...!
My initial investment was about 7 grand. I bought a portfolio with a total value of just under a hundred grand. I collected better than 86% of it. It paid off within a year. Then I bought much bigger portfolios.
Sometimes great wealth only requires a little creativity and a less traveled road.

Google YouTube millionaires.

/ Ways to wealth
raise crawfish
And now every decent fish monger sells 'em and you can get 'em frozen in every crovery.

I've often wondered why someone doesn't get a couple of truckloads of huge blown polyethelyne milk crates and start farming Florida Stone Crabs. The claws are about $70 a pound here and it's mostly shell. Tear off the claw and let 'em grow another.

/ Ways to wealth #6  
My initial investment was about 7 grand. I bought a portfolio with a total value of just under a hundred grand. I collected better than 86% of it. It paid off within a year. Then I bought much bigger portfolios.
Sometimes great wealth only requires a little creativity and a less traveled road.

Google YouTube millionaires.
Geeze...give it a rest...LoL...!

/ Ways to wealth #8  
Actually a couple of us as well as my wife and our attorney own a number of rail cars. Nice steady return on investment and the railroads maintain them for free. Everyone needs to own a few. After all, railroads keep America moving.

/ Ways to wealth #9  
If I hadn't gone to law school I'd not have stumbled on the fabulous income generation vocation that I ply today which doesn't require a law license
Law school isn't all that special today but living in the Garbage State it might actually be a profitable venture. My son has his JD from Case Western Reserve Law school and prefers being a LEO.

/ Ways to wealth #10  
Actually a couple of us as well as my wife and our attorney own a number of rail cars. Nice steady return on investment and the railroads maintain them for free. Everyone needs to own a few. After all, railroads keep America moving.
Just curious...
...How much is the liability insurance on a railroad car...?