we have a new baby--guess who delievered her

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #1  

gordon

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link
I'm a wimp when it comes to blood and guts so all in all I did real well. Each time it gets easier on me anyway, still tough on the mrs.When the first baby was born counted ten fingers ten toes and saw it was a girl and healthy, then the room started to get warm real quick. Nurse asked me if I was ready to leave, I replied yes. Thank goodness it wasn't my first child or the results might not have been as smooth as they were Monday morning.

First the action shots really are after the fact. During the couple of minutes that all heck was breaking loose the last thing on my mind was the camera. I was up to my elbows in baby stuff. Oh and I only gagged a couple of times.

Ok here goes this is how monday morning unfolded. Got up as usual and started getting ready for work. The mrs wakes up around 5:30 am and says its time. I ask her if I've got time to fix a pot of coffee. She gave me the look and replied IT'S TIME TO GO NOW. So I quickly speed laced the boots and run around the house getting a shirt. Poured the coffee out of my thermos into a cup and out the door we went.

She has a bad contraction getting into the car. So I reach over to help and spill my coffee all over the back floor of the car, least of my worries for the morning. Ok she is in the car and all is good. Sprint back to the house to get the my cell phone because hers is dead and I just had that feeling it might come in handy. She is saying some not so nice things to me at the time.

Go slow down driveway trying to miss all the bumps. Had to stop at the end another bad contraction. I told her that I've got to get in the wind or were not going to make it to the hospital. She replies then gun it. Make it to the second stop sign and another contraction. I'm thinking this is going to be close, thank goodness we only live about 20-30min from the hospital.

Get out on rt 8 and rolling toward the hospital. Come to the first stoplight and I almost ran it but it would have been red by the time I got to it so I stopped. From the seat next to me comes. RUN THE DARN THING. This is coming out of the mouth of the safe driver of the week. This time I was really shocked.

Ok off we go, I pass a few cars and one truck then realize I've forgotten my wallet. So I get on the cell phone and start to dial her dads number. Reason being we didn't have time to load up all the kids and her dad was on his way out to the house to pick them up and bring them to the hospital. Well after I dial I get ready to pass another truck and she swats the phone out of my hand. Concentrate on the road don't talk on the phone. Quite a ride so far.

Make it a few miles down the road and she says were not going to make it. I reply we have plenty of gas. She says not were not going to make it to the hospital before the baby is born. My mind is now reeling. She says dial 911, I reply can't drive and talk on the phone. I said this as I was picking up the phone to dial 911. She didn't see the humor in it at the time for some reason. I was just trying to relieve some of the tension thats all. At this time she is in hard labor.

So I get the 911 operator and see if it's quicker for them to send an ambulance or for us to keep driving. It's a coin toss as to which is quicker. Now were getting close to the hospital. The road turns into 4 lanes and were coming to a red light again. I stop and she YELLS pull over NOW. But I'm in the fast lane. Repeat of above, I cut the jeep off next to me and pull into the parking lot. I'm still talking to the 911 operator and tell him to send the ambulance asap. This baby is ready.

He gets location, Dairy Queen//Mcdonalds parking lot and toss the phone on the roof of the car. I run around to the other side of the car. The mrs is in sheer pain of labor. It's coming NOW. She has jogging shorts on and there is a lump in them. My gut goes to my throat. It's showtime, I've been trained on this at work so it should be no problem. Well a quick sidenote, training is NOTHING like the real thing, you can take my word on that.

So I yank the shorts down to her knees and the head is already out. That was the lump in the shots for those of you who haven't figured it out yet. Next couple of minutes are a blur in my mind. But here is the best I remember. I get ahold of the head then I see the shoulders and BOOM a baby. I pull it up (don't know the sex of the baby at this time)

I wipe the face, rake the mouth and feel for breathing, it's breathing. The mrs panics, give the baby here it's not breathing. So I hand it to the mrs and a fine scream of a baby is heard. Relief and joy in the mrs eyes, mine if I had a mirror must still look like sheer terror.

So I reach in the back seat for the blanket and cover the baby. Then run back around the car to get the phone off the roof. As I was running around I realized that I didn't even think to see what sex it was. Was worried about the breathing first I guess. I holler to the mrs,,,is it a boy or a girl?? She hollers back it's a girl. My reply it figures. We now have 4 girls to one boy.

I get the phone off the roof. Hello, hello well it's a baby girl and all looks good she is breathing. Ok now you need to tie off the cord he says to you have some sterile string. I start to laugh looking at my boot shoe laces, no I reply. Hay I ask him what time is it? It's 615am ok then. He says it was about 6:08 when I heard the scream. Man I'm feeling proud as a peacock! Didn't faint or nothing just gagged a couple of times thats all. Ok back to business.

Then I run back around to the mrs and start to unlace her shoes. About that time I see an unmarked state police car running up the road with lights flashing so I flag him down. He goes to the next parking lot over. I tell the 911 operator that he is to far down. So he rounds the lot and comes back. Now a couple of town police are coming with lights blasting as well.

The state police man hops out and gets a bag out of the trunk. He says everything allright, oh I guess so by the looks of it. He says he heard the call on the radio and was on his way to work downstate so he stopped. He is a paramedic on the state police helicopter. How could I be so lucky!

I step back and let this PRO go to work. Now it's time to get the camera out. Babies first picture is attached above.

Oh and when the mrs was getting out of the car onto the strecher she almost tripped on the partially removed shoelace that I got sidetracked on. oops.

Mrs is healthy, baby is healthy all is good. She rode in the ambulance and I drove the car. Took a few minutes to clean the seat in the car and up the elevator I went. One proud pa pa!

She checked into the hospital at about 630am monday morning and we left with the baby at about 10pm monday night. Drive thru service. That is an entire story all in it's self.

Sorry for being so long but I couldn't tell just part of the event of a lifetime. Oh and the babies name is Heather.

Gordon

Attachments

• 6-168215-babiesfirstpicf.jpg
    6-168215-babiesfirstpicf.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 83
   / we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #2  
WOW!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

What a GREAT story and a happy ending! Congratulations Dad X 5! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

You've gotta be grinning from ear to ear!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I don't know how you even remembered all of the details like you did. Amazing. I think you just earned the Story of the Year award!

I'm sure Mom and the new daughter are doing just fine, so sit down with them and relive the adventure with Mom. I bet she doesn't remember all the details like you did! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Congratulations again, and great job only gagging a couple of times!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #3  
Congrats Gordon!!!! Unreal!!!! You must be very proud. Give our best wishes to your wife. She did real well!!!!

Kevin

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #4  
18-74432-fireworks_big_burst_md_wht.gif

Gordon...

What a beautiful story.... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now, that was something... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Congratulations to the Mrs., you, and beautiful Heather... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Wow... a once in a lifetime... you did GREAT...!

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #5  
First congratulations on the new family member.

Now this post could not have come at a werce time. See my wife is due in 3 weeks. As I am reading this to her she is dyeing laughing, and saying not to wish this on us. You see, I tend to pass out also. I am glad I am only about 10 to 15 min away from the dr../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

P.S. Wife wants to know the baby’s stats.ie weight, length etc.

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #6  
Gordon

Congrats !!!

Sensational story. Sounds like a piece of cake hey??

After 4 others I guess No. 5 just popped on out.

Scary stuff but good to see you made some lighthearted moments out of it. Sounds like Mum didn't see the funny side of it !!

Cheers

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #7  
Gordon,

O U T S T A N D I N G ! ! ! ! !

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Great story! Had me in stiches! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

What a great Fourth of July, ok present!

I'm glad the wife and Heather are fine. What a story.
Can't wait to hear Heather's stats.

Congrats!
Dan McCarty

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #8  
Congradulations Gordon!!!

I like the name Heather for a July baby.

You did good and I loved the story.

I understand about the woozies at moments like that. When my youngest daughter was born we went la maz. I was okay until the doc did the cut with the scissors. I was a telco cable splicer at the time and the scissors making the cut made the room sway just a bit more than I was ready for if you know what I mean.

Of course that was back before the days of sonograms and I'd whupped up on all the telco buds with calling the boy. So they'd made a big deal out of me having a boy or saying I was. Heck, the first thing the doc said when she was out was "you lose!"

He was wrong.

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #9  
Absolutely stupendous, Gordon!!!
smile.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
smile.gif

I second the nomination for story of the year. They just don't get any better than that. I'm even printing it out to hand to my wife the second she gets back from the store.

CONGRATULATIONS to you, your wife and your increasingly large family!!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Oh, and don't forget to hand out a few of these:
wink.gif

cigar.gif
cigar.gif
cigar.gif

cigar.gif
cigar.gif
cigar.gif

/ we have a new baby--guess who delievered her #10  
Congats Pappy!