We split the Belarus 255AS

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #1  

jesnic

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1500D, Belarus 255AS
While bush hogging last weekend, the clutch let go on the Belarus. I also bent the tie rod on the yanmar. So I used the Yanmar 3 point hitch to hook to the Belarus and used a very long steel bar to lock to the draw bar on the yanmar in order to make it ride a wheelie and pull the Belarus out of the field so as not to do any more damage to the front tie rod and wheel spindles on the yanmar. I used the yanmar to load the belarus on the trailer, then drove the yanmar on behind the belarus. We drove the 4 hrs home and I removed the tie rod on the yanny. I ordered one from Hoye and replaced it on friday. Then took the trailer to a friend's house and unloaded the tractors and used the yanny to pull the belarus into the carport. We slpit the belarus in about 3 hours. I think my friend has ordered the clutch pressure plate assy. When it arrives, we will install, and take em back to finish the food plots. I believe we will remove the flywheel and have it turned as well. We have had fun doing the split, but I don't why it costs so much to do it at a shop. It isn't that difficult.

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #2  
My experience is that I can get almost anything taken apart pretty quick and pretty easy.

Putting it back together correctly is another matter entirely!

In all seriousness, good luck getting everything going again. Take care.

/ We split the Belarus 255AS
Ok, I got the parts for the clutch and installed and reassembled, set the clearances on the clutch and fired her up. Perfect. Clutch operates like new. We will be heading back out this weekend or next with the two tractors to complete the work on the property. My little yanmar has been carrying the workload for about a month now. It just will not give up!

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #4  
If you took pictures could you please post them. I have a 255AS aka 250as, some day I will have to fix the clutch......

by the by, the 255as model number is a rare bird...:thumbsup:

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #5  
If you took pictures could you please post them. I have a 255AS aka 250as, some day I will have to fix the clutch......

by the by, the 255as model number is a rare bird...👍

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #6  
Careful some Ukrainian doesn't tow it away with his tank.:ROFLMAO:

/ We split the Belarus 255AS #7  

by the by, the 255as model number is a rare bird...👍
Pictures would be great. Many of us would love to look inside a Belarus