weak brakes

/ weak brakes #1  

troy fox

Tractor
i have a old 254 notrac/jinma it has the friction disc type brakes ,dont expect it to slide the tires like power brakes but at least slow me down a little ,anyone got any thoughts or mods on the braking systems on these things ,don't much like stopping it with the FEL, gonna have to get a new seat after that ride !

/ weak brakes #2  
There are adjustments that you can make to compensate for wear.
Also, if they get rusty inside, they have a tendency to stick and the brakes are hard to fully engage, leaving you thinking they are weak. Of course, they can stick in the engaged position too, which is worse as it causes extra wear on the pads.

/ weak brakes
first thought was maybe a adjustment somewhere that was out although i had plenty of pedal ,well didn't help so i took the plugs out of the bottom thought maybe my dry brakes were wet brakes now ,nope no gear oil in there, pondered on it a bit so got the idea to take a mechanics scope and look up in there through the plug holes to see what was up ,still couldn't see what i was wanting too ,didn't really think about the rust from condensation ect . but couldn't tell there was any from the bottom side anyway. Guess i need pull the floorboards and get in there and see what is up ,don't look like a very big deal but was trying to avoid it if possible. thought maybe i was missing something but i am shure it is supposed to have more brakes than it has ,when the e brakes wont hold it on a slope ,let along a hill something's up ,its a flatland tractor right now and there is not much of that around here . learned right quick to stick that fel in the ground for parking brakes .

Last edited:
   / weak brakes #4  
There aren't any pictures, just drawings, but have a look at page 52 of the first document on this page:
Feel free to download and save anything you find there.

/ weak brakes
There aren't any pictures, just drawings, but have a look at page 52 of the first document on this page:
Feel free to download and save anything you find there.
thanks for the files there are a bunch of specs i didn't have in there ,hard to find anything on those little tractors as far manuals and specs ,seems like everyone told me there are none so the only option is go in and find it and that can be the long way around sometimes ,or it seems so for me anyway.

Last edited:
   / weak brakes #6  
Some of the online dealers have the parts catalogs online. Look at Circle G tractors or Affordable Tractors. Sometimes an exploded parts diagram can help you figure out how it works.
I have various other odds and ends of information that I don't have uploaded to the website, so if you need something specific, let me know and I will look for it.

/ weak brakes #7  
Found the document I didn't see before.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• Right Brake Disassembly.pdf
    834.6 KB · Views: 40
   / weak brakes
Found the document I didn't see before.
Hope this helps
thanks ,been my experience sometimes the parts diagrams will trick ya but yea they will give a idea how it works (in theory) .nothing can come close too knowledge on how to get to those parts in those diagrams ,thanks for that .

Last edited: