Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #1  

kubota00

Somehow I broke the hole out of the top of loader arm support (see pics) for the arm pin. Nothing seemed to be bent it just broke out. I am not sure how I don稚 recall hitting anything harder than normal. Anyone know if this a weak point of this loader? I am planning to weld it back together any problem there?

Attachments

• DSCN1769.JPG
    DSCN1769.JPG
    395.5 KB · Views: 549
  • DSCN1770.JPG
    DSCN1770.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCN1771.JPG
    DSCN1771.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCN1776.JPG
    DSCN1776.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 394
   / Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #2  
thats the problem with tractor loaders they are built too light for the machines the loader on my m8950dt has stress cracks that ive welded upusing artic 223 welding rod.but 7018 would do the job also is there room to fish plate it on the inside to strenghten it up if so that would help or the out side i see you have a buzz box there is it ac dc capable if so weld it on dc as you will get a better weld

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #3  
Looks like a materials flaw.

I'd wrap it and zap it.

jb

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #4  
There's the trouble , right in the third pic, Kubota, Made in the USA, the part from Japan was fine !

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #5  
That loader looks pretty new, but maybe you just keep your tractor cleaner then I do.
Anyway, it looks like the original weld was bad. I'd wager the crack propogated around the weld, then out to the edges.
I'd suggest showing this to your dealer before you attempt to weld it. For one thing, you might end up causing a bind on the pin which could stress the rest of the loader.

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #6  
Similar cracks started on my loader. I caught the cracks before they got too big and welded with a stick welder. So far after a few years it's been fine.

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader #7  
Looks like a factory defect to me. Looking at picture 3, it shows what I would take to be the starting point of the crack, right where the welds meet, it most likely over heated the metal and weakened it to the point it failed with enough stress.

If the unit is not too old I would call Kubota and complain. (Maybe they might fix it or replace the part. Ok so I tend to dream alot :) )

Good luck!

/ Weak point Kubota LA 681 loader
Thanks Good suggestions, I just emailed the pictures to the Kubota dealer. Although the TLB (3710), is 2000 vintage the Service Manager said he would talk with the Kubota service rep. about warranty or a good will adjustment, so we will see what Kubota thinks. Do you think it was made in the USA or assembled in the US? I think I was a bad weld, maybe overheated, I don't know if these are human or robot welds.

The tractor is stored in a garage and rarely gets wet so there was no tell-tale rust weep so there could be other cracks. Here is a picture of the tractor and it逞エ hard to believe it 8 years old but it逞エ only has 650 hour. I will update when I hear back from the dealer.

I don稚 know how I lived for 50 years without a frontend loader.

Attachments

• DSCN0214.JPG
    DSCN0214.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 278