Weapon laws

/ Weapon laws #31  
In North Carolina one has to have a hunting license to hunt. A hunting class is required to get the license but if you are over a certain age, you do not have to take the class. If the age exception was not in the law, the law would not have passed. Seems like Florida had the same requirements when back in 1990ish. Eventually, everyone will have to take a class to be able to hunt of their own property.

The US Federal law limits hand gun ownership to those 21 and over. To buy an rifle or shot gun one has to be 18 or older. North Carolina follows the Federal for age requirements.

One has to pass the Federal criminal history check to purchase a handgun or a long arm which does not take long but a handgun purchase requires a permit from the sheriff of your county. The permit is used as a cooling off period and way to raise taxes. The cooling off period is stupid but I digress.

North Carolina allows Concealed Carry which requires a class and a background check to get the permit. The permit is $80. NC recognizes Concealed Carry permits from other states.

Law Enforcement officers carry their side arms when on duty. I can't imagine an officer who was on duty but not carrying their side arm unless there was a very specific reason because they were working under cover. Some agencies encourage their officers to carry their side arms when off duty and officers do not need a Concealed Carry permit.

There is a storage law that requires firearms being locked up to prevent access by minors. There have been several incidents were minors have used firearms to defend themselves and family members from home invasions. Thankfully, these home invasions have been in rural areas and the District Attorney did not press charges against the parents for allowing the kids to have access to firearms. Not sure what would have happened if they home invasions had happened in certain cities.

Some counties have very little violent crime but then there are other counties with cities who have much higher murder and violent crime rates. I think my county had two murders last year which is very unusual. One sounded like it was drug related and the other might have been. One murder was committed by two men who killed a girl friend of one of the men. It was a very strange murder and I never saw the motive. I think the last murder in my county was a few years ago where a care giver beat to death an elderly person who employed her. Another woman was seriously injured in the same attack. The murderer had been stealing from the elderly woman the two women confronted the care giver who then attacked them. The murderer had planned out the attack in advance. This was really unusual for my county. There might be a murder every few years and they are usually drug related or domestic violence. Now, go to some bordering counties and the violent crime rate is much higher.

Later,
Dan

/ Weapon laws #32  
My state is an open carry state ( no permit required to open carry) until last yr (even though we are open carry) , the police would arrest you for disorderly conduct if they saw you open carry. The new law states that open carry doesn't constituent disorderly conduct. Any person 18 yrs of age my apply for a CC permit. My state is now a must issue state instead of may issue. There were other changes mad to our state laws. these were just some of the changes

/ Weapon laws
There is a storage law that requires firearms being locked up to prevent access by minors. There have been several incidents were minors have used firearms to defend themselves and family members from home invasions. Thankfully, these home invasions have been in rural areas and the District Attorney did not press charges against the parents for allowing the kids to have access to firearms. Not sure what would have happened if they home invasions had happened in certain cities.

When storing guns at your home it must be in a safe that is bolted to the floor, in addition bolt or pin must be removed from the gun and stored somewhere else. The laws of Norway is really quite ridiculous when it comes to weapons. If you try to defend yourself against thieves and you threaten them or shoot a warning shot you may lose the right to have weapons and you risk ending up in jail. It's almost as bad if you shoot predators that attack livestock, it must be proved that it does damage before you can fire shots

/ Weapon laws #34  
When storing guns at your home it must be in a safe that is bolted to the floor, in addition bolt or pin must be removed from the gun and stored somewhere else. The laws of Norway is really quite ridiculous when it comes to weapons. If you try to defend yourself against thieves and you threaten them or shoot a warning shot you may lose the right to have weapons and you risk ending up in jail. It's almost as bad if you shoot predators that attack livestock, it must be proved that it does damage before you can fire shots

Tor, as you can see our laws vary quite a bit by state, and to some extent even by city. Wow, I don't think I would care to live under those kind of gun laws, that basically disarm the honest person trying to defend themselves. Whether the predator has 2 or 4 legs, here in Missouri we have the right to defend ourselves, if it is in our homes, and most jurisdictions if we kill an animal outside and we can show it was threatening our livestock there is no problem. Almost all farmers keep firearms handy. One of our largest city's in the state of Illinois named Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the nation. And it also has the highest murder rate committed by firearms.

/ Weapon laws #35  

Sounds like something that happens here in Canada.Here we have to have a federal licence in order to buy a firearm.Magazine capicty is 5 rounds for a centerfire rifle,for a shotgun,3 rounds.Must belong to club in order to shoot,and that has to be an authorzied range.
Storage requirments that the guns must be locked up with trigger locks and ammuniton locked separtly.
And god help you if you have a licence for a restricted or prohib.If You fail to renew your licence,you will lose those guns,I seen it happen.Again you have to belong to a club in order to own a handgun.

GOD help us all if the gun laws get any strictor here in North America.The left is doing everything in it's power to take over competely,at least thats the way I see it.I'll be 65 this year and I've seen way to much of what the left has done to our countries.I really feel bad for the people who serves our countries to try and keepus "FREE".Like someone said somewheres,Canada Revenue Agency doesn't call us Canadiens,they refer to us as TAXPAYERS,which we are,but is that some way to look at someone who pays their salaries.
Sorry about the rant.

/ Weapon laws #36  
You are talking about a county where you cannot discharge a gun at all?

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

No... although there have been very recent pushes and laws drafted that say this.

The 17 acre county property I bought is "No Shooting - No Exceptions"

/ Weapon laws #37  
You own 17 acres and can't shoot a gun on it. Never heard such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Weapon laws #38  
   / Weapon laws #39  
   / Weapon laws #40  
..It's almost as bad if you shoot predators that attack livestock, it must be proved that it does damage before you can fire shots

...Must belong to club in order to shoot,and that has to be an authorzied range...

Must be bylaws in your area. Federally, you do not have to observe either of those statements.