Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe?

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #11  
Our dealer said that most rollovers occur when using backhoe. I guess I'll be using the seatbelt then...;)

This seems unusual, with the outriggers extended I think it would be very difficult to rollover?
My backhoe has a separate seat, no seatbelt.....

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #12  
This seems unusual, with the outriggers extended I think it would be very difficult to rollover?

I'm guessing it's because they are not digging directly behind tractor, but are digging at an angle to the side. Very easy to pull the tractor up when doing this. Dont ask how I know. :D

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe?
I'm guessing it's because they are not digging directly behind tractor, but are digging at an angle to the side. Very easy to pull the tractor up when doing this. Dont ask how I know. :D

Yep, I know too...;)

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #14  

The closest I have ever come to rolling over was using the backhoe.

Working along a road with a steep drop-off on one side.

Set up machine parallel to road, picked up a big rock with the thumb, and tried to lower it over the edge of the bank to a shelf about 8' below the road surface.

The machine got very tippy until I grounded the rock on the steep surface of the bank and slid it down to the shelf.

Beyond that narrow shelf, it was another 20' to level ground -- not a ride you want to take.

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #15  
I don't, but my old equipment doesn't have seat belts!

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #16  
CTF - for some of us old guys, we do things they way we have always done them. They did not have things like seat belts, ROPS and other safety devices when I was your age - at least not the ones we owned.

At your age, develop the good habits now, and they will stick with you.

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe? #17  
My BX25 has a reversing seat for use with the backhoe. Should I have the seat belt on when using the backhoe? I have up until now, but now I'm wondering if I should...

I wear mine. But, you can make your own call about it. :)

/ Wear Seatbelt When Using Backhoe?
CTF - for some of us old guys, we do things they way we have always done them. They did not have things like seat belts, ROPS and other safety devices when I was your age - at least not the ones we owned.

At your age, develop the good habits now, and they will stick with you.

I will. :thumbsup: