Weather Channel Show- Highway Through ****

/ Weather Channel Show- Highway Through **** #21  
I have Dish so I still get the Weather Channel. Lately, even though the reality shows are listed, the focus has been on the weather and griping about DirectTV. Naming snow storms is a joke to me but when there is a threat of tornado's, I use all the resources I can get to try to see what the threat is.

Dish apparently dropped the Speed Channel so I don't see "Wrecked" anymore. Having alot of winter driving in New York state and Ontario as well as three years of highway work in the winter, I can appreciate Highway Through ****.

I've noticed the same thing. The last 4 or 5 times that I tried to watch "Highway", all I get is an extended version of Weather Center. And Weather Center is invariably focused on some BS "storm" that Weather Channel has taken to naming like it's a hurricane.
These "named" storms are nothing but Weather Channel created drama for the most part in my opinion. If they're trying to draw viewers and ratings with that crap, I'm one viewer who tunes elsewhere. In the old days, we used to just call it "winter" this time of year.
Sure, Highway Thru **** probably has a little manufactured drama with office scenes, unhappy drivers, etc. But I watch it to see the equipment in action and the things they do to keep the road open.

/ Weather Channel Show- Highway Through ****
I just got a notice today from Dish that they are raising the monthly charge $5. beginning in Feb. :(
With all the commercials on everything these days they should be paying me to watch!

I wish the show would show all the controls on the Rotators and what it can do.
There are levers and switches and lights big time in the control bin.

/ Weather Channel Show- Highway Through **** #23  
I just got a notice today from Dish that they are raising the monthly charge $5. beginning in Feb. :(
With all the commercials on everything these days they should be paying me to watch!

Know what you mean Stim. Been going back & forth and comparing prices, promos, etc. between cable and both satellite outfits trying to whittle down the monthly bill. If it were just TV there wouldn't be much of a problem. But I also need to figure in the internet that I get from cable and that pretty much puts everything back on the same field.
I also watch the show to mostly see the Rotator in action. You're right, they need to make it more of a centerpiece.

/ Weather Channel Show- Highway Through **** #24  

"Wrecked" showed a little more of the rotator action. Tell you what, anyone who has ever been out on the highway doing some kind of work, salvage or maintenance, my hat is off to you. One never knows when someone is going to come along a little too fast and take you out.

"Wrecked" showed a little more of the rotator action. Tell you what, anyone who has ever been out on the highway doing some kind of work, salvage or maintenance, my hat is off to you. One never knows when someone is going to come along a little too fast and take you out.
Most of the recoveries on Wrecked don't come close to Highway! They have too much time spent on the people and not enough on the recoveries.

I've run quite a few service calls for broken down Semi's. I always used my service truck as a buffer.
When you see some of the video's from police and others of people running into stopped vehicles it's scary! Blue lights on and they still run into them.

At least here in Florida they now have the Move over/Slow down law for emergency vehicles. If you can't move over you are required to slow down 20 mph slower than speed limit.
And you still see people that don't obey the law. They are enforcing it and ticketing violators.

/ Weather Channel Show- Highway Through **** #26  
Once again, HTH was preempted last night by an extended version of Weather Center. I'm getting pretty fed up with the Weather Channel making such a big deal of normal winter weather and really blowing things out of proportion. They act like this weather is some kind of a national emergency that needs nonstop coverage.

Once again, HTH was preempted last night by an extended version of Weather Center. I'm getting pretty fed up with the Weather Channel making such a big deal of normal winter weather and really blowing things out of proportion. They act like this weather is some kind of a national emergency that needs nonstop coverage.

I know what you mean. It's such a pain when they do that, which seems like every week lately.