Web Site

/ Web Site #12  
I don't spend much time on it but I have a website, a blog and I have set up websites for a boy scout troop, etc. You need a domain name first. I find GoDaddy is good also. Then you need server space with a web hosting company. Don't pay for too many bells and whistles with the web host. I've used several but now I'm with LiveHost.net - Professional Web Hosting and find you can get all the service you need for $50 to $100 per year.

It's nice to have a good web development software package, but I do simple stuff so I write most from scratch using a word processor. I think it's valuable to know how the html works.

A lot of people don't understand that you can "steal" any web page you like. If you use the "Save as..." command in your browser, you can save the underlying code to your computer. I'm not recommending you steal other people's work, but you can then look at the HTML and see how the page layout is done. In addition, there are many sites where you can download free web page templates and just edit, with a web development program or a text editor, to get what you want.

/ Web Site #13  
A lot of people don't understand that you can "steal" any web page you like. If you use the "Save as..." command in your browser, you can save the underlying code to your computer. I'm not recommending you steal other people's work, but you can then look at the HTML and see how the page layout is done.

Excellent point... I have done this a lot to try and learn how something is done in HTML. You don't want to steal content but there is no harm in learning how they did something you like.

/ Web Site #14  
If you want something simple, there are a few "free" web hosting places..

You don't usually have to have a domain name, you can just be [name].[hostingco].com

one is Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

I have not used them, but they are free to try.. It might be a good way to get your feet wet.

If you want to go with a real commercial website I would look for a place that has some built in CMS, or Content Management System. A popular one is WordPress. Do a google search for wordpress themes and you can find a bunch of nicely designed web templates that you just have to add content to.

The host I use is Smarter web hosting - WebFaction and I have had very good luck with them.

/ Web Site #15  
Everyone else put in some good info so I will add to it. I just do the basic. I have a website for purely entertainment to host and promote my videos. It is 100% free right now (you can pay for more features and what not) and does what I want it to do but has room to expand should I want to buy my own domain and get all fancy. I use Weebly. Here is my site, FYI there are many templates to use and customize as well as you can do your own HTML if you choose to go that route.

The Junk man - Home

/ Web Site
That looks like just about all I would want to do with a web site cropduster. Do you just link all your video's, pictures, and other stuff to your site without having to pay for so many bytes for running your site? Like I said..... I new to this. Nice site by the way, I like the how to video's

Thanks

/ Web Site #17  
That looks like just about all I would want to do with a web site cropduster. Do you just link all your video's, pictures, and other stuff to your site without having to pay for so many bytes for running your site? Like I said..... I new to this. Nice site by the way, I like the how to video's

Thanks

Link, upload (I think unlimited space even on the free account) or basically do what ever you want. I like that it is all just drag and drop, no HTML knowlegde needed, but you can do your own custom HTML if you want. Its pretty intuitive. Everything is free form Heck you can even put adds up on the free accounts too. Weebly uses Adsense as its primary ad service but you can use anyone (I use Chitika more info here http://chitika.com/publishers?refid=thejunkman). There are tons of templates to use (or make your own) I chose something fairly basic as that is what I wanted. My videos are hosted at Blip.TV and embeded on my site, but you can embed Youtube, Vimeo or any other video hosting sight you like if your into the video thing.

If your interested go here Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog And sign up or just look around. Heck if you don't like it you can cancel and delete your account its pretty simple.

/ Web Site #18  
Another service to try is Hostbig at HostBig - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting
Cost well you can get a service for about $30 but the plan I prefer is the $59 for 2 years one.
They give you a domain name. You can add 4 other domain names (get your friends to join you and share the costs).. Just about unlimited email addresses, unlimited traffic, buckets full of hard disc space, 24/7 service department and it has web page building software for free use in Cpanel.
I am impressed with the service and speed and at $30 a year its cheap as well.

Bob