Wedding Costs....

/ Wedding Costs.... #31  
Wedding are actually pretty reasonable unless you go crazy... It's the legal thing at the end of the marriage that will bring you to your knees........ [[[ :) ]]]

/ Wedding Costs.... #32  
I think it's similar to the Who Can Afford New Pickups? thread.

If it can be afforded, then people can spend their money as they wish. Plus if they have the money they should spend it; it employs a lot of people. Since we've been operating on the trickle down theory for several decades now, it can't trickle if no one spends it or some hedge fund manager has salted it away in the Cayman Islands.

If everyone took Job Killer MossRoad's :D approach, it really would impact the US economy. I was only half-joking about that.

/ Wedding Costs....
If everyone took Job Killer MossRoad's :D approach, it really would impact the US economy. I was only half-joking about that.

I frequently drop the "F" word in mixed company!

Frugal. :eek:

/ Wedding Costs.... #34  
my wife & I got married in Reno - my sister & BIL joined us....wife hit $800 at keno so the whole trip cost us nothin'. We even paid for sisters travel & room. We'll be celebrating 25 yrs in another 18 months.

/ Wedding Costs.... #35  
I frequently drop the "F" word in mixed company!

Frugal. :eek:

I was thinking of the "S" word :laughing:
scrooge.jpg

/ Wedding Costs.... #37  
Almost all the weddings I go to are very reasonable. Guess it's the company I keep. Think I've only been to a couple that even had alcohol. Most were catered by family members, with lots of good homemade food. The 3 hr Mennonite wedding in July or Aug in an unairconditioned church was one of the toughest to sit through, boy it was hot in there.

/ Wedding Costs.... #38  
An old man was sitting at the local bar minding his own business. The bar was packed with happy patrons. All of a sudden the front door blew open and in walks the Devil. Everybody goes running and screaming out the front, side and back doors. Except for the old man.

Devil strolls up to the man and screams into his ear: "Don't you know who I am, Old Man ???". Yes I do he reply's:

"I was married to your sister for 40 years."

/ Wedding Costs....
Almost all the weddings I go to are very reasonable. Guess it's the company I keep. Think I've only been to a couple that even had alcohol. Most were catered by family members, with lots of good homemade food. The 3 hr Mennonite wedding in July or Aug in an unairconditioned church was one of the toughest to sit through, boy it was hot in there.

Yeah, many years ago my wife and I went to a wedding at a Baptist church. Mid summer. No air. Everyone in several layers of their Sunday finest clothes.... and the groom was two hours late! The guy playing the organ had a fan on him, sweating like he was in a Swedish sauna. Someone got him a towel soaked on cold water and that man played for the entire two hours. :thumbsup: The night before the wedding the groom (a preacher, nonetheless) tells his bride-to-be that he has children by other women.... :eek::eek::eek: shows up two hours late for his own wedding, and they still went through with the wedding!!! :shocked: Don't know how long that marriage lasted because the bride quit working at the same place my wife did shortly after that and they lost touch, but MAN! :confused3:

/ Wedding Costs.... #40  
My old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, “You’re next!” After a while, I figured out how to stop her. I started doing the same thing to her at funerals!