Mowing wedding mowing suggestions?

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #21  
That's a far cry from a stubbly hay field,
looks like fairly light and thin grass and should
be fine for the event after a few mowings.
good luck and have fun!
get some pics!

:D

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #22  
Sheesh.... You call that a field? It's nicer than my lawn.
I'd just start mowing it, not leaving too much cut grass laying around. water, roll it and keep mowing up until the event, it will look fine.

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #23  
Mow as if it was just another party. Hire extra bartenders. Serve strong drinks.

NO ONE will notice how the grass looks, even those face down IN the grass at the end of the day. ;)

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #24  
Heck, that looks like my front yard :D My old GT5000 craftsman lawn tractor could knock that out in a couple of hours. Then I would ride around with one of those yard sweepers to pick up the clumps and call it good. I'd bet you could procrastinate...like i would...till two weeks prior to the wedding and it would look great.:D

/ wedding mowing suggestions? #25  
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions! I don't think I have time to grow anything, but I guess I'm going to brush hog it, then mow with the cub a few times and hope for the best. The roller idea is possible, as a friend has a small asphalt roller I could probably use.
Everyone who said the guests won't notice is probably right. If the bar budget is sufficient! The wedding is for an "adopted" daughter whose folks couldn't take care of this, and other things over the years.
I've attached a couple of pix of the field. Again, thanks for the replies

So...uh....when are you gonna start mowing? ;)

With a few hundred pounds of fertilizer and some rain or irrigation you'll have a great looking lawn! Even without the fertilizer it will still look pretty good.