Weed Killer?

/ Weed Killer? #1  

quasi

Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
I'm looking for a "one and done" weed killer. To be more precise, I'm looking for a persistent broad spectrum vegetation control. Something between scorched earth and Agent Orange. Anyone have a suggestion of a product they've used successfully?

Thanx,

Jim

/ Weed Killer? #2  
Herbicides are regional.

Your LOCATION should be part of your T-B-N PROFILE.

Gordon's Barrier is sold at Tractor Supply Company. Gordon's Barrier is sold to prevent vegetation growth under fence lines for at least one year. Be vary cautious applying over tree root zones.

/ Weed Killer? #3  
Black plastic works well. Avoid the clear, as it lets light in like a greenhouse and the weeds thrive. Kerosene will do what you ask for on a larger area, just don't use it near your well.

/ Weed Killer? #4  
Salt will work, but will wash away if you're in an area with a lot of precipitation.

/ Weed Killer? #5  
Product called Mohave or Sahara. Add gly and surfactant. Will sterilize the ground for up to a year or longer depending on annual precipitation. Will turn the ground back to Dirt. 1lb per 10 gallons of water IIRCkk

Brett

/ Weed Killer? #6  
pramitol 25e is the strongest herbicide you can probably get. They sell it at TSC. Nothing will grow there for at least a year and cognizant where runoff is going to head. Spray too heavy and you will have a perfect dead space of where your runoff goes.

/ Weed Killer? #7  
Sodium chlorate? Sodium chlorate

Used to be sold in Czechoslovakia under the brand Travex, now banned in the EU for use as an herbicide (and access restricted because it is an oxidiser, aka fun chemical). But reading the above, it has dangers in handling and acute toxicity if ingested, but I think as it starts to come out the various problems with Glyphosphate, a case could be made for use of herbicides that present a high acute toxicity but apparently low chronic one.

But what exactly are you trying to rid of weeds? The black plastic would be an option under fence lines, which I'm thinking about under where I'm putting electric fence-- a thin strip to keep weeds growing up to the wires.

/ Weed Killer? #8  
I'm looking for a "one and done" weed killer. To be more precise, I'm looking for a persistent broad spectrum vegetation control. Something between scorched earth and Agent Orange. Anyone have a suggestion of a product they've used successfully?

Thanx,

Jim

Something between scorched earth and agent orange is going to have consequences. Maybe post some more specifics of your situation in case there is a less caustic solution.

/ Weed Killer? #9  
Chlorine works good too, it kills all DNA, and it dissipates quickly, so you can grow what you want in the area in at most a week.. it works great for tree stumps too, drill some holes in the stump, pour in chlorine, cover it, and a week later, the stump is removable by hand!..

/ Weed Killer? #10  
Chlorine works good too, it kills all DNA, it works great for tree stumps too, drill some holes in the stump, pour in chlorine, cover it, and a week later, the stump is removable by hand!..
One week later???? Remove it by hand?:eek: