Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #1  

Skypilota72

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max-24
My base 4WD tractor weighs 1750 pounds, and configured with loader and belly mower weighs roughly 2700 pounds. The max lifting weight of the loader is 900 pounds.

I am having a few trees felled and having the rounds cut into 4 foot lengths. This comes to 600 pounds per round that needs to be moved.

Roughly 50 of these rounds will be moved 25 yards away on a flat surface, obviously one at a time in the bucket.

I really would hate to purchase a 3PH Carry-All-Forks ($250-$350), while it would significantly be better in regards to weight distribution along with its 1400 pound lift capacity.

So, do you think this can be safely done, ensuring the bucket remains a few inches from the ground? … Will this over-stress the tractor due to the 50+ transitions and 2/3’s max weight?

Terrence
Mahindra Max 24

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #2  
We have overloaded the heck out of all our equipment since 1979. Just take care of it. Watch water level, keep things lubed. Should be fine. I say 1979 because that's the year we got our first diesel. Still have it, still use it, she's still fine.

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #4  
Will these lengths fit into the bucket so load is contained inside the bucket or do you have a grapple? You should be fine moving those if load is in bucket or grapple.

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight
Will these lengths fit into the bucket so load is contained inside the bucket or do you have a grapple? You should be fine moving those if load is in bucket or grapple.
Absolutely, with a few inches to spare. No grapple, but on it’s on my list of must haves.

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #8  
For a one-time job, do it. But you will find that several hundred pounds of ballast on the 3pt hitch will make the hydraulic steering less of a hassle. And, the more you do this type of abuse the sooner some front end problems will develop.

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #9  
Low and slow; just pay attention, watch your bouncing. You ought to be good to go.

/ Weight in bucket W/O using counter weight #10  
Do it when the ground is firm. With so much weight on the small front tires, they'll leave tracks or even ruts, depending.