Weird torch question for you guys

/ Weird torch question for you guys #11  
I can't help thinking about the guy who bent his gun barrel so, he could shoot around corners.

/ Weird torch question for you guys #12  
worked for the germans...

look at a krummlauf produced in various configs for the stg 44 and mg 42

/ Weird torch question for you guys #13  
Just doesn't look like a mechanised torch. You would have to figure out how to hold the cutting lever which would be difficult in any mechanical application. Funny how the front end has that heavy mixer looking "thing" up there. My guess and it's a guess is that the SS torch co. made this to order for someone with some odd application such as reaching around an obsticle or something. It is a 180 degree ish torch so if you mounted it on an arm, the rest would be cumbersome to say the least. I vote made to order for a special cutting application. Non mechanised. Who's guess is next

/ Weird torch question for you guys
Very true Yomax, good points. Maybe since its a military issued torch I was thinking maybe tight areas like through some tube or pipe work on a sub or a ship maybe?

/ Weird torch question for you guys #15  
Maybe it's for cutting around a pipe or something like that? It could be designed so the operator is out of the line of sparks. I used a straight torch to cut the used carbide cutter heads off oil rig drill bits. I worked at the Derrick golf course and they used them for Tee markers. The place I went to cut them had the straight torch but they failed to tell me the bits were full of oil. Getting sprayed with hot oil isn't fun at all.:eek: