Wel it's been a while since I tore something up......

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #11  
It is easy to see why it broke. They used the same welder that welded the pins on my LS seat suspension. Tack weld was so small you can barely see it. Same with that weld, very little throat in the fillet and only welded on one side at that. A good weld on it will fix it up.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #13  
No, Wacky, I didn't weld it.

This was on both MMM lift arms, and as near as I can figure, that little angle piece is only there to keep the lift bar in better alignment to the attach points on both its ends; that is, to keep it toward the outside of the tractor where it attaches to the tractor frame.

All I did was put a piece of thick-wall steel tube with washers on both ends in as a spacer around the bolt there (pic 3) to maintain the positional alignment -- and left that little angle off altogether. I doubt my system will break off like the original design did.;)

DSC03404.JPGDSC03403.JPG

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #14  
I dug a 140' trench for someone yesterday, the whole thing was on sloped ground, which was a first for me.

If not for Wacky, I may not have been as careful. :thumbsup:

I did find out now, why manufacturers have gone to individual pedals, vs. the treadle. The tape measure which I had sitting on the floor of my tractor, had migrated under the pedal, while I was driving, (at high rate of speed).

When I removed my foot from the pedal expecting to decelerate as I approached the gravel pile, I had just enough time to realize what had happened, and to reach down and remove the tape measure from under the pedal, as the bucket dove into the gravel pile. :ashamed:

ADVISORY: DO NOT ALLOW FOREIGN OBJECTS ON THE FLOOR OF THE TRACTOR. :D

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #15  
Uh-oh. I can see a new red "WARNING" sticker with an appropriate (but dumb) caricature/symbol being required to be retrofitted on our single-pedal tractors....

But good advice, anyway-- thanks for the heads up, Ray.

And yes, I think Wacky has saved a lot of us with his story!

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up......
I dug a 140' trench for someone yesterday, the whole thing was on sloped ground, which was a first for me.

If not for Wacky, I may not have been as careful. :thumbsup:

I did find out now, why manufacturers have gone to individual pedals, vs. the treadle. The tape measure which I had sitting on the floor of my tractor, had migrated under the pedal, while I was driving, (at high rate of speed).

When I removed my foot from the pedal expecting to decelerate as I approached the gravel pile, I had just enough time to realize what had happened, and to reach down and remove the tape measure from under the pedal, as the bucket dove into the gravel pile. :ashamed:

ADVISORY: DO NOT ALLOW FOREIGN OBJECTS ON THE FLOOR OF THE TRACTOR. :D

Uh-oh. I can see a new red "WARNING" sticker with an appropriate (but dumb) caricature/symbol being required to be retrofitted on our single-pedal tractors....

But good advice, anyway-- thanks for the heads up, Ray.

And yes, I think Wacky has saved a lot of us with his story!

Yes, I took one for the team. And you all are welcome!!

Seriously though. I hope to have helped someone be a bit more careful on their tractors for their safety and others around them. And I have read a lot on here that has taught me as well! Thanks back to you guys. I always look forward to reading the Massey section, you all seem to keep it very informative and fun too!