Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #71  
Hi Ralph,
So how does it go with the studs?
thanks

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #72  
Major storm in New Brunswick today. I am waiting for the wind to die down before taking out my LS7010 to clean up. The back tires are loaded with Agrim 50 and studs in the front. The studs help with steering on the ice. I was going to put the studs on the back tires but I thought I would try them on the front first. I don't know anyone else in my area using studs but I thought I would give them a try. The ones I purchased are Maxigrip.

1354390069366.jpg1356550360798.jpg

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #73  
Studs are working good. I was worried that they might tear up the cement floor in the garage but that doesn't seem to be a problem. They don't stick out a long ways. About 3-4 mm. Next year I will probably put them in the back as well. The drive ways in my area are hilly and would help on the ice.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #74  
Meant to quote Post #69 here.

Hello,
I saw your message and will offer my views on upstate NY southern Finger Lakes snow removal.

My gravel driveway is about the same length at 800 ft but uphill grade with approx. 90 degree curve at bottom with hedgerow on one side. I have the 60" front blade on my B2620 with the mid-hitch mount with power angle and lift. I can plow downhill and uphill without major issues in 4wd with R4 filled tires. With ice conditions, I need to lock rear differential and have gotten stuck once on the downgrade in a 3 or 4 foot pile of plowed snow.
My bucket loader does not perform well on the curves and contours of the gravel and I prefer to keep snow from the culvert on one side plus avoid drifts.
My suggestions from 14 years of plowing is to clean driveway after about 4-6" snowfall, push back edges approx 2 feet in early season and set blade height at 1" above gravel. You may be able to set lower depending on curves or banking to prevent icing. Traction is excellent with liquid filled R4 type tires but does tear the lawn when mowing. The B2620 has excellent headlights and has no problems plowing or using FEL in dark.

Last edited:
   / Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #75  
I have a JD4200 and currently use a rear mounted Meteor (Walco) 59" snow blower. However, back issues and surgery now limit my ability to turn around in the seat to watch the rear attachment. I am trying to find a front end snow blower or a third party adaptor kit so that I can mount a front end blower. Ideally I would like to use my existing blower with a gear reducer at the fron end. Any ideas?

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #76  
I have a JD4200 and currently use a rear mounted Meteor (Walco) 59" snow blower. However, back issues and surgery now limit my ability to turn around in the seat to watch the rear attachment. I am trying to find a front end snow blower or a third party adaptor kit so that I can mount a front end blower. Ideally I would like to use my existing blower with a gear reducer at the fron end. Any ideas?

Erskine makes a front mounted blower that's driven by the rear PTO. You could take a look at that for ideas...make even buy some of the components to rig your 3PH blower to the front.
Ain't going to be cheap though...maybe more cost effective to contract out snow removal until you're healed.