Weld strength with flux wire vs gas....

/ Weld strength with flux wire vs gas.... #11  
My welds look close to that... After about 10min of grinding!
The fluxcore i usually use doesn't produce nearly as pretty a weld as the solid wire i have, but the penetration of the flux core is also very apparent, so i usually go with it for any applications where i want extra strength. I'm no pro, just my 2cents

/ Weld strength with flux wire vs gas.... #12  
I'm no pro either! When to comes to gas less flux core T-11 wires, my go to wire is Hobart's Fabshield 21-B. Then Lincoln's NR-212. I don't think Lincoln makes it anymore, one wire I would avoid is Lincoln's NR-211! I think Lincoln discontinued the NR-211 wire, and came out with the NR-211MP. I never took a test with NR-211, but have been told several times in testing facilities they have never seen anybody pass a bend test with NR-211. I've taken numerous 1-inch side bend tests with 21-B, and never failed one. 2 or 3 of them I walked out of the testing facility just knowing I failed, but a few days later the job site would get a call saying I passed.:confused3:

Attachments

• 21B.JPG
    21B.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 233
  • NR212RF.JPG
    NR212RF.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 222
   / Weld strength with flux wire vs gas.... #13  
I don't have any reference point to compare. I've been using the Lincoln 211MP, just a fairly low cost wire I could find locally.

/ Weld strength with flux wire vs gas.... #14  
Personally when I want a really strong weld in something that bears a lot of stress I go to smaw.