Welder suggestions

/ Welder suggestions #1  

tooln

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE-HST
I'm looking to buy a welder for home. I'll be doing nothing heavy with it. Up to 1/4" would be the max. I've used a 120 volt Miller for TIG welding in the past and it worked slick. I've been asking around for suggestions on a MIG 120 volt unit. Most people tell me don't even bother with a 120 volt for MIG as it will be to small for anything but sheet metal. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone use a 120 volt for MIG if so what size and make. Does it work for you? I finally found me a good usable ezee flow drop spreader and I'm going to cut it down to 6' wide for my food plots. Thanks

/ Welder suggestions #2  
I'm one of the ones that would say to stay away from the 110V models. For body work they can't be beat so they do have their place but I wouldn't get under a 180A model. There's going to come a time when you want to weld something heavier and the small machine just isn't going to cut it. My 2 cents worth.....Mike

/ Welder suggestions #3  
Northern Industrial 125 Flux Core Welder | Wirefeed Welders | Northern Tool + Equipment
I have this, I really have found it to be easy to set up and use. I make tow behind tractor toys for my daughter. The frames are 1/8'' angle iron. The welder is perfect for this and if property preped I am sure I could do 1/4'' I went with the welder I would use most, and compared it to what was in my wallet. When I did this model was tops for me. It came with the 10lb spool attachment so i havent had to swap out a spool yet.
I shopped for about 2mts before I bought this one. I looked at all the name brands, recondidtioned etc. I am very very happy with this model.

/ Welder suggestions #4  
Miller autoset 211

115v and 220v

Portability of a small machine with performance of a bigger unit!
Also available as an option is an aluminum spool gun

No I don't work for or sell Blue but do think this would fit the bill

/ Welder suggestions #5  
you might get by using fluxcore .i would get one with at least 140 amp .i have used lincoln and miller i would recommend them.220 is better.hobarts were on sale the other day at tractor supply.

/ Welder suggestions #6  
ericher69 said:
Miller autoset 211

115v and 220v

Agreed. I have a 211 and it is great. It's big enough for what I need and will still run on 110 if that's all I have to work with somewhere. I got a pretty good deal on eBay for the welder, spool gun, and a little tackle box full of consumables.

/ Welder suggestions #7  
Miller autoset 211

115v and 220v

I have one and weld sheet to heavy stuff around the farm and it does the job! Have a tomb stone also and use it on breakdowns in the field with a generator!

/ Welder suggestions #8  
I'll have to agree with the Miller 211.
The option of 220v or 110v is very apealing to farm/ranch work. A great companion for the Miller 375 Plasma Cutter that is also a dual voltage unit.
However I still keep the o'l arc welder to do the heavy repairs...

Attachments

• IMG_3691.JPG
    IMG_3691.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 227
   / Welder suggestions
Looks Like I'll end up spending more than I really wanted but it will work for me. I'm leaning between a Millermaticョ 211 Auto-Set with MVP or a Hobart Handlerョ 210MVP, with Multi-Voltage Plug. Over the weekend I'll shop around on-line & once the Holiday is over I'll go to my local supplier and see what kind of deal I can get.

/ Welder suggestions #10  
Looks Like I'll end up spending more than I really wanted but it will work for me. I'm leaning between a Millermaticョ 211 Auto-Set with MVP or a Hobart Handlerョ 210MVP, with Multi-Voltage Plug. Over the weekend I'll shop around on-line & once the Holiday is over I'll go to my local supplier and see what kind of deal I can get.

Lincoln is running a special on the 140c for $600.