Welding a hydraulic anchor point

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point
That repair looks great.

Is that a Kubota-branded backhoe, or third-party painted to match?

I have what I thought was Kubota's smallest hoe in that era, about 1980. Made by ARPS then sold as OEM Kubota or Yanmar, along with tractors of about 20hp. It is far heavier constructed than what I see there. (Photo).

In fact the large triangular plates in my photo might be an improvement if that ever breaks again.
I hear ya. I'm not entirely sure but think the how and fel may have been adapted to this machine.

I like that "reingorcing" plate. It'll help with tear out by spreading the load.
Eric
Hopefully yes. Figured it was better to have a welding shop fix er up gooder than I might be able to do. Not that I didnt have the same idea to add a reinforcement plate but I didnt have the equipment and or experience to tackle the job. Heck the old weld I barley got the hoe touching the ground and begzn to rotate the bucket and "clinck" it broke loose
So wasnt a very good weld. Now I can loft the entire rear of the machine with the bucket curled under.

That repair looks great.

Is that a Kubota-branded backhoe, or third-party painted to match?

I have what I thought was Kubota's smallest hoe in that era, about 1980. Made by ARPS then sold as OEM Kubota or Yanmar, along with tractors of about 20hp. It is far heavier constructed than what I see there. (Photo).

In fact the large triangular plates in my photo might be an improvement if that ever breaks again.
Not entirely sure. No actual identifiable markings.
I took some pics of a similar newer hoe on an LA340 and the number of tth hoe was BT603. A tich heavier duty than mine fer sure. I'm finding other issues such as in mi us temps, the steering won't turn, also not entirely sure whar has happebed to the steering shaft where the wheel steering wheel goes on, it doesnt seem tgat theres a spline as i see on repkacenent steering shaft assemblies. So, currently my steering wheel is a tich loose, nay not be the one or it, but I have an idea to modify abd maybe nake it work.
I'll try n send pics later.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #74  
I can't imagine how that little bucket broke it in the first place, must have had a defect in the factory weld.
But it won't break again, that's a nice job.

WRT the original question.... can a regular guy who's never welded 1/2" thick repair that with a 110v MIG?
The answer is "perhaps yes, eventually".
Cutting off all that bird poop would take some time, but can be done with an angle grinder and thin cutoff wheels.

That can be welded properly by a skilled welder using a good 110v MIG _with preheat_.
A pro would preheat it with 220v, but the OP stated he didn't have 220v.

I can't imagine how that little bucket broke it in the first place, must have had a defect in the factory weld.
But it won't break again, that's a nice job.

WRT the original question.... can a regular guy who's never welded 1/2" thick repair that with a 110v MIG?
The answer is "perhaps yes, eventually".
Cutting off all that bird poop would take some time, but can be done with an angle grinder and thin cutoff wheels.

That can be welded properly by a skilled welder using a good 110v MIG _with preheat_.
A pro would preheat it with 220v, but the OP stated he didn't have 220v.
Ended up having a professional welder do the job and fabricated the mounts as well