Welding and concrete?

/ Welding and concrete? #21  
Maybe the first weld you should position it with the puddle on the vertical (and you on the other side) and just weld by sound, in one spot and see if it pops. Not welding a bracket on, just welding in one location to create a molten puddle. Then you'll know that short welds are OK.

/ Welding and concrete? #22  
Well when I went out to get them a few days ago they were frozen to the ground. We've had a warm weekend so I was able to get them. Now I just have to plan how to build this thing! They are about 300# each so manageable one at a time but once I start welding them together it won't be so easy to move them around. Wish I had a gantry!
------------------

Good reason to get a shop crane, I use mine a lot.

P1200016.JPG
P1200030.JPG

Last edited:
   / Welding and concrete?
Well I haven't blown anything up yet! I got the angle welded onto both sides. I still need to weld on the 3 point brackets, but I ran out of rod :(

ForumRunner_20150122_131043.png

ForumRunner_20150122_131108.png

I know, I know, the metal isn't all that clean. It looks a lot better than when I drug it out of the snow/mud though. I not looking for beauty on this one, so it got the wire wheel treatment... if that doesn't take it off easily, then it's firm enough to brush paint over.