Welding Bucket Hooks!

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #121  
Sully, Sounds like you have it fully under control. I sometimes use 5/16 load binders (boomers) to boom down stuff with 3/8 chain. I know they are not overkill but Since I use them "on purpose" knowing they are the weak link and only when I know I will not exceed their capacity, I don't think there is any problem.

Gemini, in using 3/8 hooks has more strength than he will ordinarily need and can go with 5/16 chain for light duty jobs where lugging a 25 ft 3/8 or 7/16 chain is wasted effort.

Funny thing about how much HEAVIER the same CHAINS are after aging THEM for 5 or more years.

Pat

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #122  
patrick_g said:
Thomas, If you are clever enough to, as you said in your words, "I went in the house and got a bucket of wire and got the string trimmer fire out finally after a few buckets " then I assert anyone who can put out a fire with a few buckets of W-I-R-E is clever enough to stage a phony emergency to plant a seed and support the concept of a shop. Having SWMBO think of it first on her own is a good ploy. Never fear, I'd never even hint to her that you could be so devious, probably. Besides, when would I even have a chance?

Now there you have it, independent confirmation of the one hook fits a couple chains idea.

Probably the most realistic reason I have different sizes of chains is that I see a bargain and don't really remember what size I got before so I figure, what the heck. Then when I go to use a load binder (boomer) what the heck, the hooks on the boomer fit more than one size. Now I have two sizes of boomers, probably for the same memory reason as above. There can be a little difficulty if the weld on the chain sticks up significantly as it will tend to jam on the smaller size hook but if yo turn the chain the right way it is OK. At any rate, if you give it a tap it will release even if tightly bound up on the "wrong side."

Pat
Patrick are you available to read legal documents i get in more trouble with my typing and proofreading skills.

The wife is more than clever enough to figure out that I would do something like that on purpose if I had a need to. Actually she is a wonderful wife all I need to do is tell her that I have decided to build a new shop. We would probably talk about the finances and where we are in what we want to do but she would have no problem with it. I had already picked out where I want to build it. We had some priorities ahead of it. I think the fire just moved it up a few notches on the list. I did get a look when I mentioned that I was ready for a new string trimmer anyway.

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #123  
gemini5362 said:
Patrick are you available to read legal documents i get in more trouble with my typing and proofreading skills.

You are indeed a lucky man to have been chosen by your wife. I know of what I speak because it goes at least double for me!

I do seem to notice lots of errors when reading everything from novels to newspapers. I think spell checkers are party to blame. Many of the errors I find are spelled correctly, just the wrong word. My typing skills are abhorrent and I frequently just let a post go along with errors. For whatever reason I seem to have problems with the "U" key. I guess I just don't hit it hard enough when typing y o u... and end up with a lot of yo in my posts although they are NOT intentional.

Test me, send me some legal babble and see if I can find an oops.

Pat

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #124  
wushaw said:
Go to the Hobart welding forums hobartwelders.com, there is a guy from Bulverde that might be able to help, his user name is dda52.

Thanks again. He came out on the weekend and welded the hooks on for me. Did a pretty good job too. Found out he also does flat work and has a couple dump trucks as well. I'll be using him to deliver some road base, top soil, and sand in the near future.

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #125  
Etch said:
Thanks again. He came out on the weekend and welded the hooks on for me. Did a pretty good job too. Found out he also does flat work and has a couple dump trucks as well. I'll be using him to deliver some road base, top soil, and sand in the near future.

No problem, glad to help:)

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #126  
Hey Great job

I gotta get on the ball. That is one of my projects.

RC

/ Welding Bucket Hooks! #127  
Did you take the bucket loose from the tractor or disconnect the battery?

RC

/ Welding Bucket Hooks!
Holy cow, I totally forgot about this thread...

RC,

I left the bucket and the battery leads attached. There are no sensitive electronics inside a 3525... but I can't say that about all tractors these days! ;)