Welding Projects

/ Welding Projects
Prolly the cheapest would be from a farrier supply for horseshoe art. Brand new they wouldn’t require sandblasting or wire brushing for welding.

Horseshoes bring back bad memories of the three girlfriends I had that were into horses. They are all crazy. I know better now.

Exactly right and they MIG nice. In my case, I'm just buying them off of eBay brand new so no prep is needed. If I had space for a muller, I'd buy used nails and all and tumble them clean.

/ Welding Projects #12  
This was one of my longest tig welding projects.
The side tanks were for water, end for gas and a 4th sits under the channel for diesel.
It was a fun 13 hours.

/ Welding Projects
The side tanks were for water, end for gas and a 4th sits under the channel for diesel.
It was a fun 13 hours.

Wow, that's cool and a lot of work! How'd this sit on the truck?

/ Welding Projects #14  
Thanks. I had a 125t 10' break, was sure handy for stuff like this.

It slid in between the wheel wells, 1/4" to spare. The last tank sat under the saddle on this end. This pic is before holes were drilled.

/ Welding Projects #15  
When we first got a Tractor Supply, they had plenty of horseshoes. Maybe they still do or maybe I quit noticing. In it's early days here BigLots had a pile of carbide miners lights. Now they have none and not nearly the selection of tools they used to carry.

/ Welding Projects #16  
It was a fun 13 hours.

That is beautiful work, Ken!

/ Welding Projects #17  
Looks like the start of a cool pontoon boat.:D:drink:

/ Welding Projects #19