Welding Table

/ Welding Table #11  
4'x6' 1/4''' top 2x2 legs and girts

Here is my list of indispensibles

!. clamp rack
2. Pencil, punch tape tray
3 torch sling or mount
4 open ended tube to slide a smaller tube in for vises or a table extension for longer projects
5 an electric outlet
6 hooks for cords etc
7 place to hand grinder
8 make sure there is at least a 2 inch lip all around the top for clamping

Great point about the lip for clamping. I'll have to remember that when I get to building mine.

/ Welding Table #12  
Remember guys, size matters! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• Weld table.jpg
    Weld table.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,607
   / Welding Table
If I had that much room, I'd have a big table too... :)

Ian

/ Welding Table #14  
modst of my work consists of metal art projects (smallish) or huge 14' gate projects. not much inbetween. the huge things get built on the ground. the smaller things get bench time.

/ Welding Table #15  
If I had that much room, I'd have a big table too... :)

Ian

Actually the table was just working with what I had on hand, not a lot of pre thought went into to it. But to date nothing has crushed it. ;)

/ Welding Table
Something I just thought about and found funny. My welding table is going to be bolted together. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

When I get to where I think I can weld good enough, I'll weld everything in place, remove the bolts and weld the holes up.

I've decided on 36x48. I'm pricing the plate tomorrow. If it isn't too expensive, I'm going with 3/8" plate. If they want too much for that, I'll go with 1/4 and add some angle underneath to stiffen it up for the 48" stretch. Countersunk bolts of course, at least for now. :D:D

Ian

/ Welding Table #18  
Haywire:

If you can afford 3/8" or 1/2", I'd go that route.

NotV8:

I want that table and vise of yours!

/ Welding Table #20  
My thinking is it is a steel plate they put over an opening in the road that was dug up so people can still use the road until the opening (hole) can be filled in. Like a temporary bridge, heavy steel plate. Probably need to re-mortgage your house in order to buy one.