Welding up a toothbar

/ Welding up a toothbar
Looking forward to the pics.
Well I've kinda posted them around in different threads I'll share here as well too I guess.

20170106_172035.jpg20170107_072934.jpg20170107_072942.jpg20170107_150358.jpg

/ Welding up a toothbar #12  
Looks good - nice job. I bet you like the way they improve your bucket and cutting edge capabilities. :thumbsup:

gg

/ Welding up a toothbar
Looks good - nice job. I bet you like the way they improve your bucket and cutting edge capabilities.

gg
You better believe, I never ran this one without teeth but I have ran another loader tractor extensively without teeth and wow what a difference.

/ Welding up a toothbar #14  
I'm kind of surprised doing the following is not more popular.
What I found is really durable and not prone to catching material in the bucket is to Buy an extra cutting edge for when you want a flat edge, and weld on ESCO Ultralokョ Teeth.
They are really premium quality teeth, and a snap to replace.

ESCO Corporation |
Ultralok(R) Tooth System

Theses people will help with sizing and have decent prices.
Bucket Teeth For Excavator, Backhoe, Bulldozer, Skid Steer

Only 11 Plow bolts hold my edge on and I used:
Plow Bolts | Grade 8 Plow Bolts | Grade 8 Plow Bolts - GlobalIndustrial.com

If I want a flat edge it is not hard to change over, however with a 2x2 x1/2" angle with bolt on cutting edge on the back of my bucket, I use that for quick back dragging and grading.

/ Welding up a toothbar #15  
Nice modification!!!

Just remember you have totally altered the bucket. It isn't built for the stresses that can be put on it now. Keep that in mind as your use increases. Forgetting this will end in having a bucket with a smile. :(

/ Welding up a toothbar
Nice modification!!!

Just remember you have totally altered the bucket. It isn't built for the stresses that can be put on it now. Keep that in mind as your use increases. Forgetting this will end in having a bucket with a smile. :(
I can fix that too

/ Welding up a toothbar #17  
Yes very nice and nice welds too! Amazing what teeth can do for a bucket and digging. :thumbsup:

/ Welding up a toothbar #18  
Working on fabbing up my tooth bar and I'm wondering which way the teeth go on when I get finished, it's not super obvious they fit equally well both ways.

View attachment 494135

I'm taking your advice. Ordered the same teeth... thanks! Can you please tell me what size your flat stock is? I'll have to locate a steel dealer around here. Well done BTW!

/ Welding up a toothbar #19  
I got the same Titan weld kit. The flat stock is 4 inches wide by a half inch thick. It was a fairly hard alloy. I tried band sawing it but switched to a grinder cut off wheel after ruining the blade. Lots of orange sparks.

/ Welding up a toothbar #20  
I got the same Titan weld kit. The flat stock is 4 inches wide by a half inch thick. It was a fairly hard alloy. I tried band sawing it but switched to a grinder cut off wheel after ruining the blade. Lots of orange sparks.

Thanks! I'll go find that stock and grab a few new cut-off wheels. Those teeth are due in today from Titan direct. I bought two bolts and two cobalt bits to drill the holes. So much cheaper to DIY. I got two sets of 5 but will only use 8 of them evenly spaced. That leaves me two spares in case I break one.