Welding up shooting targets?

/ Welding up shooting targets? #51  
It's my understanding that AR500 loses some of its hardness when torch- or plasma-cut, or when welded. I don't speak as an authority, but it seems like I've heard that it needs to be waterjet-cut and heat-treated after welding.

/ Welding up shooting targets? #52  
The 25/06 is not listed as a magnum put has magnum performance. I was using 100 gr Nosler BT bullets at 3300 fps in a hand-load. Extremely accurate.

The small diameter (.257) of the bullet gives excellent penetration. On a straight-on large deer at 50 yards it entered the chest and ended up in the right flank with excellent mushrooming.

I was shocked at how it performed on steel at 100 yards. But I did only take one shot. I figured holes in paper targets were just as good as holes in steel.

Most folks have no idea of the penetrating power of a rifle bullet. The old tried and true 30-06, when using something like a Barnes 130 TSX at 3300FPS might as well be an armor piercing round.

My dad told me of his squad using AP rounds in a BAR and said the only thing safe was a tank, and said certain parts of those were not safe. If the drivers of the tanks were looking through a slit with the 1" steel door closed the AP rounds of the BAR (30-06) went through it like hot butter. They have gone through 1.5" of steel in armored cars before.

Ever wonder why the RPG is so deadly? I concentrates all the explosive force into a copper cone. The copper cone directs the blast force into a small stream, and that small stream of concentrated hot molten (hence 25-06 bullet or similar) copper, that literally burns its way through unbelievable amounts of armor. That is why the current armor is called reactive armor. It literally explodes when hit by an HE round, thus deflecting the concentrated stream of copper and weakening it's deadly effects.

The tip of a jacketed bullet can act the same as the cone in an RPG round. It's not always about weight when it come to penetration, especially when talking about things other than live animals.

/ Welding up shooting targets? #53  
It's my understanding that AR500 loses some of its hardness when torch- or plasma-cut, or when welded. I don't speak as an authority, but it seems like I've heard that it needs to be waterjet-cut and heat-treated after welding.

Water/plasma is better than just regular plasma neither are as good as laser or water jet but the only part you have to worry about are the edges getting nicked. Craters "in" the plate are the largest concern and wouldn't be a problem with any of the methods.

Bolting plates to something generally lasts longer than welding.

/ Welding up shooting targets? #54  

Water/plasma is better than just regular plasma neither are as good as laser or water jet but the only part you have to worry about are the edges getting nicked. Craters "in" the plate are the largest concern and wouldn't be a problem with any of the methods.

Bolting plates to something generally lasts longer than welding.