Welding work today

/ Welding work today #1  

Reyer Farms

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010
Guy wants to add a subsoiler shank to a little hoe bucket. Had really no idea how to do it. Hope it works.

image-1648016141.jpg

3/4" plate cut with torch

image-3281015457.jpg

Fits pretty good. More to follow.

/ Welding work today #2  
Not really sure what you are doing at this point or even why you would want to put a subsoiler on the backhoe.

/ Welding work today #3  
I got one on my backhoe! Works good breakin up soul for small garden.

/ Welding work today
Well... The idea is do rip a narrow trench to run water hook ups across our county roads. The roads are mostly slag paved. County will let him dig them up but he is trying to minimize the ditch. I finished this morning. It has a ring at bottom to hook pipe to pull in trench. I did not have a grade 8 bolt to mount the brace to the bucket. I hope it works.

Attachments

• image-3391877942.jpg
    image-3391877942.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 432
  • image-1611089561.jpg
    image-1611089561.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 480
  • image-1875835477.jpg
    image-1875835477.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 481
   / Welding work today #5  
OK, now I get it. This is why my 7" bucket is so handy, even though it does gum up a bit if the soil is wet, it makes a narrow enough trench that is easy to backfill and compact.

/ Welding work today #6  
Looks good to me. If he likes it I bet you can get more work rehabbing that bucket, it looks like she's been around the block and back

/ Welding work today
All the welds were done with 225 ac Lincoln, 6011 and 6013. I enjoyed the project. The machine was a rental unit. I used it this past summer when he bought it. Bucket and machine look rough but hydraulics are smooth and strong. The trailer that hauls it might pay my light bill this month! :) it is in sad shape.

/ Welding work today #8  
All the welds were done with 225 ac Lincoln, 6011 and 6013. I enjoyed the project. The machine was a rental unit. I used it this past summer when he bought it. Bucket and machine look rough but hydraulics are smooth and strong. The trailer that hauls it might pay my light bill this month! :) it is in sad shape.
Well if it's a rental then run it till it falls off! They won't give you trouble for welding on their bucket? Post up some pics of the trailer repair, keep up the good work brother

/ Welding work today #9  
6013? It looks like you got lots of weld on the bucket but not as much on the mounts.

/ Welding work today #10  
Nice work :thumbsup: looks solid.