WeldSite is down

/ WeldSite is down #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
M's WeldSite has been down since Saturday afternoon. '502' error. Is he the only administrator there?

/ WeldSite is down #2  
Have you tried more than one web browser? Even an older version of a web browser?

I only ask because at the end of May, many web browsers have dropped TLS1.0 and 1.1. Only TLS 1.2 is the minimum now. Lots of older website can no longer be accessed. You can thank all of those ransom hackers into the power plants for that.

I tend to keep only 1 computer several releases back should something like this take place. WHY? Because it keeps happening. More and more of the web keeps getting cut-off from our daily access.

/ WeldSite is down
Have you tried more than one web browser? Even an older version of a web browser?

I only ask because at the end of May, many web browsers have dropped TLS1.0 and 1.1. Only TLS 1.2 is the minimum now. Lots of older website can no longer be accessed. You can thank all of those ransom hackers into the power plants for that.

I tend to keep only 1 computer several releases back should something like this take place. WHY? Because it keeps happening. More and more of the web keeps getting cut-off from our daily access.
Muhammad opened that site, and TNT, in March 2020.

He started TNT so there was some place to redirect the political fanatics who were poisoning TBN.
(Latest phenomenon over there, is a robot poster nearly as loony as the worst poster :)).

WeldSite, because the largest welding site online disappeared after a huge multinational bought its parent company. So this looked like a new opportunity.

As new creations, I expect neither site is running outdated software.

Last edited:
   / WeldSite is down #4  
Have you been able to get back on since your original post? I"m not a member yet have visited there twice this week. I found that I learn more from reading than from writing.

/ WeldSite is down
Have you been able to get back on since your original post? I"m not a member yet have visited there twice this week. I found that I learn more from reading than from writing.
Yes, WS is up now. It was down when I looked Saturday mid-day, and continuing when I looked several times subsequent through Sunday evening when I posted here. Up Monday and thereafter.

Like you, I learn more by reading. I'm an enthusiastic amateur, learning by reading the advice of more experienced welders. I've posted several projects mostly to help get the site going, and to possibly encourage others to start if they are considering taking up hobby welding.

/ WeldSite is down
... and now today TNT has gone weird.

* A large number of old threads are updated by spam posts today.

* Two regulars said it takes many attempts to log back in.

* 'Ignore' quit working for me. The loon's text appeared below the usual notice that says 'You are ignoring content by this member'. Then later it reverted back to normal, showing only the 'ignoring content...' notice.
[Edit 7/3, 8 hours later: Displaying the content that should be blocked, has returned].

* I clicked Report. My text appeared as the next post in the thread instead of being sent. Twice. I don't think it was my error.

(WeldSite looks ok).

M's busy with his new baby. He probably isn't getting any sleep. Is anyone else responsible to keep TNT and WS running?

Last edited: