Well I finally got my welder

/ Well I finally got my welder #1  

DaMadman

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
It is a Chicago Electric 110 volt, 100 amp buzz box and it works good. I had one that I borrowed from my grandad but he needed it back so I got this one for a pretty good price paid less that $50 for it with shipping and everything. Will be welding something soon. I am making a stand to hang my wifes Humming bird feeder from right now, it needs to have a hanger for the feeder and a perch, so I might finish that tonight. Will be busy this weekend with a event at the local sportsman's club so I won't have time to be burning many rods this weekend. Guess I will probably use the welder in that rotto tiller project that I am thinkin about.

Should be fun playing with it.

/ Well I finally got my welder #2  
I didn't get mine yet, but I did order it today. I'm getting a little Miller Passport. No projects lined up YET, but I've got a bunch of ideas.

/ Well I finally got my welder
well we will have to post some picture of the projects we do and compare notes, maybe give each other some ideas

/ Well I finally got my welder #4  
I just bought a welder, too, and it was delivered last Friday, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet because I have to put in a circuit in my barn with 50amps at 220v. It looks like a slick machine and I hope to use it soon.

In the meantime, I have been reading various books on welding technology and technique and am planning to take a basic welding course at an adult ed program either this summer or in the fall. I also ran a search here on "welding" and picked up on several interesting threads including a very long one in which a teen-age beginning welder in England asked for tips and got a wealth of information back.

Good luck with yours.