well I stink

/ well I stink #11  
I would recommend at least a 6', although it's tough to tell but a 61/2' is not out of line or a 7' in the right heaft. You might try playing with your top link to change your blades angle to the ground.

/ well I stink #12  
Putty,
As others have said, I would turn the blade around and go. I wouldn't fool around with changing tilt or draft.

Drag the blade backwards and you'll be fine. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

RedDog

/ well I stink #13  
As others have mentioned, make sure your blade is level when angled. I was having lots of problems with gouging and I tried adjusting the top link to compensate. It wasn't until the second snowfall I realized what I was doing. Now I set the blade at an angle and adjust the top link so the blade is level. It results in the pivot being nearly vertical.

The other thing that helps is to have a layer of packed snow on the drive. It seems contrary to the whole practice of plowing but it sure helps keep the gravel in place /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ well I stink #14  
i use my fel mostly, and sometimes the rear blade, my drive is concret so it is a bit different, but still when i push snow onto the lawn i sometimes take some divots/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif but come march when the snow is all gone i just put the divots back as best i can. nobody does it pefect ALL the time.

/ well I stink #15  
Leave an inch or 2 of snow behind until the ground is frozen solid or the drive is covered with a thin layer of ice. Then you can drop the blade all the way.

We've all been there, don't feel bad.

/ well I stink #16  
I have a 5' blade as well. The skid shoes made a difference when the drive was gravel, not sure after we paved it. Either way the blade will be a lot more productive than the bucket. Depending on the amount of snow we get I usually do a first pass strait on, then angle it to the banks. Always fun playing chicken with the cars as well ;-)

/ well I stink
Hello all, I appreciate all of your help. I am on my third winter with the tractor, and it did'nt bug me too much until I put my lawn in this year. Having tried most of what was suggested - I just stink at it. On my list as soon as I can though is get a bigger blade , even maybe an eight footer. I think I can add a bit of rookie advice, MAKE YOUR DRIVEWAY BIGGER/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, I thought it would be real cool to have a driveway like a "corridor" with trees real close -great for affect, lousy for function. If the saying goes" To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid" I should have a ranking of master by 60. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ well I stink #18  
DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!!!! not a person on this site that has not screwed up something. as the clock turned over from 1/2/03 to 1/3/03 tonight i turned 61, so i was young and stupid, now i am old and dumb/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif nice to see a young fella that don't think he knows everything..

/ well I stink #19  
Oftentimes I do the same thing that we describe. Backblading is so much better than using skidshoes.

/ well I stink #20  
Well Happy Birthday Frank. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif