Well, I'm ready to buy, but...

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #11  
Go with the 60" deck, if you are limited by some kind of door opening size, ram the BX through it a couple of times and then it will fit.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #12  
You could get the 60" and some mower axles to store it upright. You're gonna want those axles anyway. I like the wider decks as it makes it easier to cut around things and along fence lines without getting too close. You could take delivery of the tractor and wait on the 54" mower to arrive. Implement manufacturers are surely making blades and blowers right now which is probably affecting availability of your preferred deck. Would it be possible to remove or prop up the grass chute to give you enough clearance inside the shed? Good luck whatever you decide.
A lot of people don't think about this and slide into the ditch when the side caves in from the tractor wheel weight.
The wider the mower the better and farther it keeps yer wheels away from the dege of ditches and banks.

What is a "mower axle"? I'm green, green, green! Well, except in my choice of tractors. I know I do not want to be removing the deck regularly. Since the original post I've thought perhaps I'll suggest that if they give me a hot price on a small trailing mower I'll take it and wait on the 54;) Now that could work! Otherwise, I'll give them a few days to see what they can find.
Something to store a MMM with .

I went from a 54" to a 60" with a little trepidation, but now am on my second 60" deck ; also have a 62" and they work so much better than the 54" for me.
*I would do whatever necessary to go with a 60" as you will have to live with it for a lot of years.
You got that rite.

You did not say, but are you planning on plowing or blowing snow with that BX? If so, I would have it delivered today!!! if it were mine. I would want to drive it around the driveway and get a feel for it. True enough, mowing season has come to an end anyhow. plowing season has come.:D:D
Drat.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #13  
Go with the 60" deck, if you are limited by some kind of door opening size, ram the BX through it a couple of times and then it will fit.

ROTFLMAO

Was kinda my thought too - but you said it better.....:D

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #14  
I'm not green and have purchased several Kubotas in the last 6 years. I also had no idea what a mower deck axle is. After looking at the site I will have to say that I have never had a single time where I would have used a mower deck axle if I had one and do not ever see in my future a need for one.

It really makes cleaning the grass accumulation easy. I'm not sure what I would do without them but to each his own!

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #15  
Where would one get these wheels from if he was so interested in getting some?

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #16  
Well, the 2660 arrived at the dealers but the 54" mmm is not available. The 60is offered at the 54 price. Here it gets dicey. I have a shed capable of housing the tractor and 54 quite nicely but the 60 will not fit and it is not what I want anyway. Kubota says 5-6 weeks. The dealer is searching. The garage/shop won't be built for at least a year and the tractor isn't going to sit outside.

This is just a further sign of the times. I know in my business, my customers have dramatically trimmed inventory. Looks like Kubota has too!

Man that stinks. I know how you feel. My FEL didn't come this week either. Hang in there, It is all good in the end.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #18  
I would take the 60" deck. You were offered the 54" price? lucky! I love having the 60" and since its winter time, instead of buying axels, I made my own. I used scrap 2 by 6 and made wheels out of it and bought 1 inch thick bolts from TSC. I love the mower stands, makes it nice to store by the wall out of the way for winter time. Ill see if I can take pics this weekend and post. I understand that your door is 54 wide, but with the dischage chute will need to be held up when dirving in. If it a shed, then there cant be much to modify to accept a wide deck esp. with dischage chute/deflector down.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but...
While I live in MA, the 2660 is going to a place my wife and I own in N CA. So I won't be doing snow removal the way I do in MA. Occasionally, it snows there but does not hold for long. The FEL will suffice. Mowing, tilling, and grounds improvement are the first jobs. The plan is to move out there in a couple years. My daughter is there currently. When I get there the shop, garage and MIL apt go up.

/ Well, I'm ready to buy, but... #20  
I would take the 60" deck. You were offered the 54" price? lucky! I love having the 60" and since its winter time, instead of buying axels, I made my own. I used scrap 2 by 6 and made wheels out of it and bought 1 inch thick bolts from TSC. I love the mower stands, makes it nice to store by the wall out of the way for winter time. Ill see if I can take pics this weekend and post. I understand that your door is 54 wide, but with the dischage chute will need to be held up when dirving in. If it a shed, then there cant be much to modify to accept a wide deck esp. with dischage chute/deflector down.

Please do post some pic's. I was thinking of making my own too, but never did find the right wheels with 1" axle hubs. Do you just bolt on some wood blocks to stand it up? Even that would be good for winter storage. Thanks