Well, it's finally finished..

/ Well, it's finally finished.. #1  

KrisHansen

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33d
Unfortunately I was not able to visit the dealer to track the progress.. final tally is just shy of $2800, this with NH parts support in a bare block, piston rings, and gaskets. The dealer also found that the HST pump was leaking (again) so they replaced the seals for that as well.

I have not picked it up yet, will do Saturday. I'm very excited, though nervous as well.

My first task will be to create a subframe which ties the front middle and rear together with something other than a few bolts..

Turns out, the bolts on the top of the bellhousing broke, possibly due to the one mounting ear being broken already, hard to know. Once the bolts broke, the block then cracked. Certainly a freak thing, one I hope no one else has to endure.

/ Well, it's finally finished.. #2  
Glad to here you are getting the tractor back in time for spring and summer fun err I mean work :)

/ Well, it's finally finished..
North Dakota said:
Glad to here you are getting the tractor back in time for spring and summer fun err I mean work :)

Thanks, me too! I've got a little work for it already.. First job, moving the snow blower out of my parking space!! =)

/ Well, it's finally finished.. #4  
Glad to see you've got it back. I'd be carefull reinforcing the frame that you dn't just make the situation worse. With an unengineered solution you might apply some heavy forces to points unable to support them. Thousands of machines just like yours run fine everyday with no reinforcements. Just my thoughts. I've had numerous Ford/New Holland tractors over the years and never felt I had to einforce any of them. (oh yeah one exception tie rod on my 2120 that kept logs and bending)

Andy

Andy

/ Well, it's finally finished.. #5  
Woohoo! That pricetag is a lot lower than the first estimate. I'd be taking your dealer and service mechanics a big box of donuts for breakfast.:)

I tend to agree with AndyMA about the subframe, but frankly, if it were mine I might feel exactly as you do. Good luck with whatever you decide is best.

AndyMA said:
Glad to see you've got it back. I'd be carefull reinforcing the frame that you dn't just make the situation worse. With an unengineered solution you might apply some heavy forces to points unable to support them. Thousands of machines just like yours run fine everyday with no reinforcements. Just my thoughts. I've had numerous Ford/New Holland tractors over the years and never felt I had to einforce any of them. (oh yeah one exception tie rod on my 2120 that kept logs and bending)

Andy

Andy

Thanks! I've thought the same thing.. In fact, I asked the CNH service rep on the phone that question. He said he didn't think it was possible.

basically what I have in mind, is just bridging the gap between the engine and the bell housing with some steel. I'm going to plan it out, I'm in no rush. Obviously it worked fine for 5 years..

jinman said:
Woohoo! That pricetag is a lot lower than the first estimate. I'd be taking your dealer and service mechanics a big box of donuts for breakfast.:)

I tend to agree with AndyMA about the subframe, but frankly, if it were mine I might feel exactly as you do. Good luck with whatever you decide is best.

it is a lot lower. I'm thinking the same thing..