Well.... OUCH!

/ Well.... OUCH!
mines till in box but...unlike others this is ventilated for airflow
Will have to look at tractor when it comes back from shop to see if "Sentinel" actually comes forward enough to protect hydraulic lines....
From the web site and pictures of plate for GC1715 it does not come forward enough to actually protect hydraulic lines where damage occurred on my tractor.... See Large arrow.... Two smaller arrows are also hydraulic lines...

Screenshot 2023-07-13 073516.jpg

Last edited:
   / Well.... OUCH! #22  
I did wonder about impact points but due to some medical issues was not able to dig into it. anyways you seem to be on top of it.

/ Well.... OUCH! #23  

Massey Ferguson GC1715 Dimensions​

Massey Ferguson GC1715 tractor photo
2013 - 2018
GC1700 Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Shiping weight:1433 lbs
650 kg
Ground clearance:6.7 inches

Subcompact tractors are designed to be operated over smooth, flat, clear ground. Working brush is inappropriate for any subcompact tractor that you want to keep out of the shop.
Good example of buy more than you need when buying a tractor. You will never be doing something and at the same time crying 'it is too big, it is too big'.

/ Well.... OUCH! #24  
Good example of buy more than you need when buying a tractor. You will never be doing something and at the same time crying 'it is too big, it is too big'.
My subcompact fits through the wood trails and between the trees and garage.
Anything bigger wouldn't, right tool for the job, if I had more open land and less woods, bigger would be needed.

/ Well.... OUCH! #25  
Murphy is alive and well. And he's fully prepared to surprise you when you least expect him to.

Chance is bad enough, but combined with my native stupidity I'm amazed the tractor has survived this long. The only reason I'm still here is that the good Lord requires a bad example for others not to follow.

I use my tractor in the woods exclusively and I've had a couple of gotchas. one was a vine climbing a tree was rolled over by my rear tire and slammed the mirror against the cab like a gunshot throwing glass everywhere. Another was a stump bending my step back into my rear tire between the threads. It didn't stop anything, but sure sounded & felt like it should.

I'm sure all tractors would be best operated on nice level flat ground free of rocks and other hazards, but that ain't what I got mine for.

/ Well.... OUCH! #26  
My philosophy is.. If you want to 'romp' in the woods with a tractor, buy a large enough tractor that one, has the ground clearance and two, has the suds to handle that. Sub compact and compact tractors might be good for around the house operations and mowing the lawn, but certainly aren't suitable for romping in the woods.

/ Well.... OUCH! #27  
My philosophy is.. If you want to 'romp' in the woods with a tractor, buy a large enough tractor that one, has the ground clearance and two, has the suds to handle that. Sub compact and compact tractors might be good for around the house operations and mowing the lawn, but certainly aren't suitable for romping in the woods.
Tell that to my tractor, as it spends 50% of it's time out there moving tree trunks, branches and flailing trails. Only 2 of my 6 acres is open land.

/ Well.... OUCH!
My subcompact fits through the wood trails and between the trees and garage.
Anything bigger wouldn't, right tool for the job, if I had more open land and less woods, bigger would be needed.

Same here... Never though in the 5 years I have had tractor it would be put to the test than this last winters snow storm did to property....And anything bigger would spend more time in shed because its to big for access to about 50% of property... Besides this is a first in about 350 hours of operation and sort of random.......

/ Well.... OUCH!
But I can put my 52 inch wide tractor between two trees 54 inches apart, can bigger tractors do that?

/ Well.... OUCH! #30  
But I can put my 52 inch wide tractor between two trees 54 inches apart, can bigger tractors do that?
...and when you fock it up, don't whine about it. Solution, cut one tree down and use it for firewood. I own a woodlot myself but I don't drive my tractors in it. If I have to remove a culled tree, I'll winch it out.