Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water....

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #11  
Although poly has been the norm here for the last several years, for holding a stand of pipe while a joint is being unscrewed I've found a pipe vise laid on the casing comes in mighty handy. A helper can unlatch and re-latch just as a coupling comes by.

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #12  
If you were in Pennsylvania I would tell you to check the water with a lighted match at the spigot. #$% frackers!

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water....
Here's a few pics after the fact. A couple of the culprit (check valve) the light showing through the hole, one of the well head before I closed it back up and one of the block (notched 2x6) to hold the pipe stand while I disconnected/connedected the joints. I put a fitting in it to give visual aid.:) Sorry, pic quality is pretty poor. Sandbur and Tom I agree on the poly. I think later workings will call for replacing the PVC like when I have to replace the pump. Al, no problem with well frac'ers around here...YET! Thank goodness.

Oh! I almost forgot...Yep! Sandbur, I rounded it off to 32#'s. That's 32lbs I'm glad I didn't have to pull from 100' below!!

Attachments

• SD531245.jpg
    SD531245.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 127
  • SD531246.jpg
    SD531246.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 116
  • SD531248.jpg
    SD531248.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 129
  • SD531249.jpg
    SD531249.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 124
   / Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #14  
The notched 2x6 is a terrific idea.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The notched 2x6 is a terrific idea.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep! It's quick and dirty and works like a charm. I think I borrowed the idea from someone?! Anyway, beats using a set of slips on the slick pipe or having to hold it and work one handed!:D:thumbsup:

"well", I'm back at it! I'm picking up a new pressure tank today. Apparently, when I replaced my old pressure switch with another that I had on the shelf (used, in good shape but disfunctional) it caused a high pressure situation in my tank and ruptured the bladder!:mad: I only replaced the one that was in service because it showed a little sign of an old leak at the diaphram area. Today's purchase will consist of a new tank as well as a new presure switch. The saga continues.......:(:confused2:

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #17  
Jay, I hope all is going well (no pun intended). I know I get terribly frustrated and upset when one problem fixed just leads to another. Hang in there.:thumbsup:

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #18  
Jay, if you aren't as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger, we'd sure like to know that you are okay. Working around a well pump and electricity always has its dangers. You've also had some bad storms in your area lately. It's just not like you to not follow up on a thread without good reason, and I'm just concerned.:confused3:

Jay, if you aren't as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger, we'd sure like to know that you are okay. Working around a well pump and electricity always has its dangers. You've also had some bad storms in your area lately. It's just not like you to not follow up on a thread without good reason, and I'm just concerned.:confused3:

Mr. Jim! Thanks for the concern! No, I'm here to tell about it. Just got busy this morning. Well repair went "well".:laughing: Purchased a new tank and switch and didn't even have to drive the 20 miles (one way) to get extra parts! Along the lines of being concerned about me I do have to make a mental note. When you go to cut into the 1" PVC line between the tank and the brass tee, bleed the system of water pressure!! I couldn't believe I did it but when it went I sure got it...WET! I don't know about a one-arm wallpaper job but I felt like giving a one-legged man butt kicking and that would be my own! Anyway, no water or electricity came together except where allowed. All seems to be in working order. Storms you say?.....We had a few around us but what we did get was a much needed 5 1/2" of rain!:thumbsup: All four ponds are full and the weeds....er, I mean grass is loving it!:laughing: Have a good one!

/ Well, Well, Well! There's air in my water.... #20  
Well, as long as you and your family are okay, it's all good news.:thumbsup: